• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion The Nvidia 4080 GPUs will be released in November 2022

I like AMD but not for video cards. NVidia kills them performance-wise. I've got a ryzen 9 5980 cpu and love it. The last gpu from AMD was my 5870 many years ago before I got my nvidia 680. NVidia will get this situation fixed eventually. I'm just not convinced it'll be in days or weeks. They're just driving too much power through these cards. I don't believe it'll be a simple fix. AMD might be able to capitalize a little bit but it won't be a massive market share upset.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I may be mistaken but isn't the Ryzen 9 5980 CPU for laptops? How are you comparing a laptop CPU and a desktop GPUs in performance? I might be mistaken. Nothing wrong with AMD CPUs, 7nm Ryzen 9 and beats Intels 10nm 12thgen by a ton.

You are mistaken. Definitely not a laptop. It's my HTPC. And the thing freaking flies compared to my old Intel CPU. I'm not comparing CPUs to GPUs. I'm simply saying the only thing I buy from AMD is CPUs.

Edit that was a typo. Not 5980...5900x.

You are mistaken. Definitely not a laptop. It's my HTPC. And the thing freaking flies compared to my old Intel CPU. I'm not comparing CPUs to GPUs. I'm simply saying the only thing I buy from AMD is CPUs.

Edit that was a typo. Not 5980...5900x.
The 5900X is awesome, I have a 5950X in my backup rig and it benches much better than the 12900K in almost every category, now they have the 7900X series, I can't wait to get my hands on that. ;)

Yea I'm not upgrading any time soon but I'll certainly go PCI5/ATX3/DDR5 on my next rig. There's nothing the 5900x can't do so far. Combined with the 3080, games and madvr are no problem.

Yea I'm not upgrading any time soon but I'll certainly go PCI5/ATX3/DDR5 on my next rig. There's nothing the 5900x can't do so far. Combined with the 3080, games and madvr are no problem.
I can't argue any point there. It's exactly what you should have. If I didn't have to write reviews, I probably couldn't even afford a 3080 and a 5900X. I am just lucky to be in the right place at the right time to get that gig. Its been 15 years already, that I have had the privilege to be a reviewer and get all my parts for nothing. It's actually funny in a way because when I review a CPU I am one person and when review a GPU I am somebody else. But it's worked for a very long time and I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.;)

That's a pretty sweet gig indeed. I ended up having to buy a whole PC to get my ASUS 3080. I pulled the GPU out and stuck it in the 5900x rig where it's been flawless every since. The crazy RGB infested ASUS PC I pulled it from ended up as my bedroom HTPC with my 2070 but I don't use it often. I'm quite happy with my machines. Even my 9900 Alienware area 51-m with 2080 is more than sufficient for everything I do. But when the time comes, I'm going next gen on everything.

That's a pretty sweet gig indeed. I ended up having to buy a whole PC to get my ASUS 3080. I pulled the GPU out and stuck it in the 5900x rig where it's been flawless every since. The crazy RGB infested ASUS PC I pulled it from ended up as my bedroom HTPC with my 2070 but I don't use it often. I'm quite happy with my machines. Even my 9900 Alienware area 51-m with 2080 is more than sufficient for everything I do. But when the time comes, I'm going next-gen on everything.
RGB is a kid's thing, it's also used as an aesthetic to bring people to the booth at CES. That's where it actually started, about 4 years ago at CES I was the booth engineer at the Asus booth at CES. I had a big discussion with marketing about RGB, they said it was the next really big thing in Desktops and all peripherals. Look like I was wrong, everyone is using RGB and posting the most illuminated rig on the internet. :)

I can't stand it. I try to kill RGB everywhere I can find it EXCEPT on my logitech gaming keyboard as it serves a purpose there. And I can control the brightness. But on the machine itself? Hell no. I hate it.

I can't stand it. I try to kill RGB everywhere I can find it EXCEPT on my logitech gaming keyboard as it serves a purpose there. And I can control the brightness. But on the machine itself? Hell no. I hate it.
Me too, but it is almost impossible to find what you need without it. Its like having a year-round Christmas Tree on your desk. I remember when clear acrylic cases came into the market in the early part of the century. Some of the Eastern companies started with small blue lights on fans and then Kingston had the Blue lit RAM coolers with fans. I never in my wildest dream thought it would get like this, no professional would like RGB, I wish I had a desk with a fan-cooled compartment for my desktop, they make them but they are expensive. Have some fun, Taiwan just opened its borders and took down the Covid restrictions for entering the country. So they will have Computex Taipei for the first time in 3 years I believe next year 2023. Buy a ticket, you will have some real fun.
COMPUTEX TAIPEI

Last edited:
I'm good. I got my fractal case with damn near no LED's much less RGB. You can pry that case out of my cold dead hands. It's completely silent water cooled with no optical drives or spinny drives. Just nvme. The power LED is white and I put a strip over it that dulls it so you can barely see that it's on.

I'm good. I got my fractal case with damn near no LED's much less RGB. You can pry that case out of my cold dead hands. It's completely silent water cooled with no optical drives or spinny drives. Just nvme. The power LED is white and I put a strip over it that dulls it so you can barely see that it's on.
LEDs serve a purpose, RGB lights do not.;)

LEDs serve a purpose, RGB lights do not.;)

All this RGB hate. I like a little of it. And the smart stuff can be useful and I like being able to see inside the case to make sure fans are spinning properly and whatnot. I do not condone so much RGB you get vertigo and I only like solid colors. I very much dislike color changing and animation.

All this RGB hate. I like a little of it. And the smart stuff can be useful and I like being able to see inside the case to make sure fans are spinning properly and whatnot. I do not condone so much RGB you get vertigo and I only like solid colors. I very much dislike color changing and animation.
DQ, you are my brother, and I would love to agree with you. But RGB is for kids, 15-year-old gamers who want their friends to say WOW, " The Wow Factor", and pro gamers who do not have RGB if they can help it, who build machines that have every W in their PSU to the GPU and CPU has a purpose and is allocated to the specific game they are playing. They spend hours tweaking the BIOS of the motherboard and the GPU BIOS, some even write their own BIOS. It's all about heat and throttling not " wow that looks cool". All that said, I admit you have to go some to find actual parts that do not light up like a holiday tree. I have RGB parts in my rig but they are all disabled, I mean no one sees it but me. I do not play console games, I play computer games, and that's rare for me. I spend 90% of my time here or writing a review that I make templates for, and add in the benchmarks and other things like conclusions. It's become easy for me. I love being here most of all. Now in conclusion I understand everyone is different and I do not begrudge a guy who loves lights, but for me, if it doesn't serve a purpose it's not important when it comes to computers.;):):)

Last edited:
DQ, you are my brother, and I would love to agree with you. But RGB is for kids, 15-year-old gamers who want their friends to say WOW, " The Wow Factor", and pro gamers who do not have RGB if they can help it, who build machines that have every W in their PSU to the GPU and CPU has a purpose and is allocated to the specific game they are playing. They spend hours tweaking the BIOS of the motherboard and the GPU BIOS, some even write their own BIOS. It's all about heat and throttling not " wow that looks cool". All that said, I admit you have to go some to find actual parts that do not light up like a holiday tree. I have RGB parts in my rig but they are all disabled, I mean no one sees it but me. I do not play console games, I play computer games, and that's rare for me. I spend 90% of my time here or writing a review that I make templates for, and add in the benchmarks and other things like conclusions. It's become easy for me. I love being here most of all. Now in conclusion I understand everyone is different and I do not begrudge a guy who loves lights, but for me, if it doesn't serve a purpose it's not important when it comes to computers.;):):)

I kinda just realized while talking about this I have lumped LED and RGB together in my head. The truth of the matter is for me most of the lighting I have is LED. I actually only have 2 RGB components. One being my liquid cooler and I use that guy to tell me the temp of the CPU. But hey, I get it. RGB is like car options. They are mostly there just to upsell you. But some of us think they are neat at times.

I kinda just realized while talking about this I have lumped LED and RGB together in my head. The truth of the matter is for me most of the lighting I have is LED. I actually only have 2 RGB components. One being my liquid cooler and I use that guy to tell me the temp of the CPU. But hey, I get it. RGB is like car options. They are mostly there just to upsell you. But some of us think they are neat at times.
If you go up a few posts you will read what I said to SamuriHL, LEDs have a purpose, RGBS do not.:);)

Reactions: DQ
If you go up a few posts you will read what I said to SamuriHL, LEDs have a purpose, RGBS do not.:);)

Yeah I read that for sure. It had just occurred to me I was basing all my thoughts on what I like or do and 3/4 of my "lighting" are LEDs. We will have to agree to disagree whether RGB has a purpose. I fully agree they have a low priority purpose and are mostly just like chrome on a bumper :p But I like a chrome bumper :)

Yeah I read that for sure. It had just occurred to me I was basing all my thoughts on what I like or do and 3/4 of my "lighting" are LEDs. We will have to agree to disagree whether RGB has a purpose. I fully agree they have a low priority purpose and are mostly just like chrome on a bumper :p But I like a chrome bumper :)
Me too, when I was a young man, I used to want a Chevy 409 Impala Convertable so bad I would have stolen one but sadly I come from a middle-class Military family that never had any money, and when I was able to drive I was lucky to get a VW bug so I could get to work and make my own money, it was a different world back then.;)

Reactions: DQ
Back