• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion The new visible tag system (thread prefixes)

George++

It sure looks nice, though at first I thought it annoying.

So....is this an admin/moderator selectable feature, or can us lowly users prefix one to a topic?

What tags? Do you mean the topic hashtags? They are there as long as I can remember.

upload_2022-11-30_7-50-58.png

Yeah this is something I noticed this week. Wasn't there before.
Looks kinda nice ... and is probably a good way for the devs to see what needs attention.
You can add tags when creating a thread, but I don't know if that has the same effect.

View attachment 68607

Yeah this is something I noticed this week. Wasn't there before.
Looks kinda nice ... and is probably a good way for the devs to see what needs attention.
You can add tags when creating a thread, but I don't know if that has the same effect.
I haven't seen this before, but I don't use the light theme. I will check if it is also visible
for me.

Yes, I can see it as well. So it is new, haven't ever seen this before. Good addition that should make things a bit easier.

I guess it's subjective.

The colors make the Forum look more impactful yes, but on my computer, it's pushing most of the text of the thread topic off the screen. (EDIT: referencing the sidebar under"New Posts".)

So I just see the first 10 - 15 characters -- which often don't tell you much! :=)

For instance, I see even in cartman0208's example above, the second topic is "Not a Redfox Issue AP - The i...".

????

But the following topic without the tag is "An Issue with Subtitles".

Much clearer.

T

Last edited:
The colors make the Forum look more impactful yes, but on my computer, it's pushing most of the text of the thread topic off the screen.
Huh? What is your display resolution?

Maybe it is possible to disable it when the screen has less than a specific width (like a phone) or split it up on two lines, so the tag is above or below the thread title.
But of course only if the forum software supports it.

I added some CSS, so thread prefixes should disappear if display width is < 768px:
Code:
/*  Avoid thread prefixes on smaller displays */
@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
  .prefix {display: none;}
}

You can test it by changing the windows size of your browser. Maybe you have to refresh (CTRL-SHIFT-F5) to load new CSS rules.

I added some CSS, so thread prefixes should disappear if display width is < 768px:
Code:
/*  Avoid thread prefixes on smaller displays */
@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
  .prefix {display: none;}
}

You can test it by changing the windows size of your browser. Maybe you have to refresh (CTRL-SHIFT-F5) to load new CSS rules.
Awesome ... works great on Windows Firefox, Chrome and my Android phone (turning it by 90° enables/disables the tags) :thankyou::dance:

is this an admin/moderator selectable feature, or can us lowly users prefix one to a topic?
Since it hasn't been answered yet, what about this? I just checked the create thread page and nothing has changed for me.
Can a user add this flag when posting? Or is it only for mods?

I can understand if you don't want to enable it for all users, since new members might not have the knowledge to decide if it is an AS issue or not. But active members should be here long enough to know this.

So, is it possible to activate it for every "Well-known member" and if this runs well, for "members" as well? Maybe not for "New members", as mentioned.

Or is it bound to Mods/Admins, nothing you can activate per user/ for other roles?

I'm seeing the exact same thing cartman showed in his screenshot in post #4 above, which was why I referenced it....
Uhm ... that's a very small cutout from my actual screen :cool:
With your resulution you should be seeing any thread topic fine ... EXCEPT you have a huge scaling in place

A laptop at 1920 X 1080.
But I'm not the only one.
I'm seeing the exact same thing cartman showed in his screenshot in post #4 above, which was why I referenced it...

Now I got it, you are talking about the side bar "New Posts" :banghead:

I could try to disable them in side bar.

Now I got it, you are talking about the side bar "New Posts" :banghead:

I could try to disable them in side bar.

Yeah, I'm sorry!!!

The sidebar, not the Topic in the main section.

My bad for not being clear and specific. :)

T

Back