• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The mysterious 'qbu' subtitle is back

jamman

Please fix the subtitle name from 'qbu' to whatever language it's supposed to be.

Attachments

• Amazon-JFK- A President Betrayed.astlog
    5.9 MB · Views: 3
what makes you think that's not what it is supposed to be?

what makes you think that's not what it is supposed to be?
I think your response was supposed to be a joke, but I'll answer back just in case. What makes me think that 'qbu' wasn't supposed to be the subtitle is that the video is in English. What language does 'qbu' represent?

I'm throwing in some wild guesses here:
you are playing the files you downloaded from Netflix via Plex?
If so ... the language tag for Netflix downloaded files is missing, which is pointed out in another thread.
Plex probably needs that tag to show the language.

As you noted, that was already fixed, but came back now, probably in one of the betas of 1.1.5.x

Think hes grabbing from Amazon by judging from the log name, i stopped grabbing embedded subtitles because of the qbu issue, its to bad it has returned.

if you play the file in VLC you can manually select the proper language, because its named correctly but the language itself is qbu (english - qbu isted of english - english),
but in plex for example the software wont find the language as it only looks for language tags and not names, so the only language it will find is qbu, at least last time i had this issue.

I'm using Amazon. And yes, I think VLC will figure out the subtitles are English and display this along with 'qbu'. What irritates me is another video player on my device, which isn't great at displaying metadata, will just list 'qbu' as the subtitle language. It's not that I can't figure out what language the subtitles will be in, it just feels like I'm playing a video that isn't up to your usual high standards. I really like the metadata to be correct, especially with audio streams from discs (using AnyDVD), that tell me which track is the director's commentary.

Back