• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Magnificent Seven - which playlist?

CountryBumkin

I just received my BD of "The Magnificent Seven". USA version from Amazon

I see two playlists, one is 00356 which is 2:53:08 in time and has 39 chapters. The other is 00355 which is 2:12:50 and 16 chapters.

The later sound more correct (as it is 2 hrs and 12 minutes, a more typical movie length). The BD box says movie is approximately 133 minutes.

Does any one know what is on the first playlist (why so long and so many chapters)?

Thanks

Last edited:
I thought someone might have already provided the info - here is the log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.8.0_Info_E_MAGNIFICENT_SEVEN.ziplog
    336.2 KB · Views: 5
Even if that was the case, then you should know by now that movies come in multiple different versions. A playlist that works for one version may not work or even not exist on a different version. Now the developers will need to take a look.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

I don't have this disk, but the special features list a "vengeance mode" which looks like the film with short making-of segments inserted. That's more than likely the longer playlist you are seeing (00356). The film itself is listed as 133mins, so go with 00355 playlist.

The longer title is the "vengeance mode" .
At least on the one I have.

I just received my BD of "The Magnificent Seven". USA version from Amazon

I see two playlists, one is 00356 which is 2:53:08 in time and has 39 chapters. The other is 00355 which is 2:12:50 and 16 chapters.

The later sound more correct (as it is 2 hrs and 12 minutes, a more typical movie length). The BD box says movie is approximately 133 minutes.

Does any one know what is on the first playlist (why so long and so many chapters)?

Thanks
Hint: You can use CloneBD's preview player, to check what each playlist actually contains. Even without buying a license.

I have the BD only version from Target. When I play it in a standard BD player I have the standard and "Vengeance" versions.
When ripping I can't seem to find the separate titles or playlists with Handbrake or Clone BD, the rip defaults to the extended, Vengeance version.

When ripping I can't seem to find the separate titles or playlists with Handbrake or Clone BD, the rip defaults to the extended, Vengeance version.

CloneBD preselects one, that it thinks is the main movie - that may well be the wrong one in this case (CloneBD normally prefers extended cuts over theatrical and in this case the vengeance looks just like an extended cut).
But I'm having a hard time believing, that it doesn't show the actual movie with title #355 right below the "vengeance" version on the selection page?

In CloneBD my US version is seen as Title 356 - Main feature #1 and Title 355 - Main feature #2. Title 356 is the one with the added extras of the cast talking and Title 355 is the real movie without the cast extras

In CloneBD my US version is seen as Title 356 - Main feature #1 and Title 355 - Main feature #2. Title 356 is the one with the added extras of the cast talking and Title 355 is the real movie without the cast extras
that's the way it should be, so...

When ripping I can't seem to find the separate titles or playlists with Handbrake or Clone BD
I get, that Handbrake makes it difficult, but CloneBD really is idiot-proof.

Thanks to all for posting. It's title 181 in Handbrake for the movie without extras. I'll start using CloneBD more to get used to it.

Back