• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Lobster - wrong playlist

Wrong section, topic moved. That's a blu-ray, you're in the DVD section (as the forum section clearly indicates). DVD's don't have playlists.

That said, how are you playing back the disc and with what. Your disc is supported just fine and the correct playlist is indicated in the anydvd status window.

Java BD protection good playlists: 620

Oh and please set your drive hardware region

thank you. i didn't know to look in the status window. sorry.

i was using MPC-HC. maybe I need to update it. but knowing the correct playlist fixes everything for me. Thanks!

MPC-HC (64-bit)
---------------

Build information:
Version: 1.7.10 (d911f14)
Compiler: MSVC 2013 Update 5
Build date: Nov 14 2015 18:25:24

If there's a newer version it can't hurt to update but that won't fix the 'problem'. The problem is that mpc isn't a licensed bluray player. Every unlicensed player has to take a guess at which playlist is the right one, they usually pick the one with the longest runtime and that's almost always the wrong playlist. Updating to a newer version won't fix that. Simply load 00620.mpls in mpc and you're done.

thank you. i didn't know to look in the status window. sorry.

i was using MPC-HC. maybe I need to update it. but knowing the correct playlist fixes everything for me. Thanks!

MPC-HC (64-bit)
---------------

Build information:
Version: 1.7.10 (d911f14)
Compiler: MSVC 2013 Update 5
Build date: Nov 14 2015 18:25:24
If the disc is handled correctly and it has Screenpass (playlist obfuscation) on it. Then the correct playlist will be displayed in the status window after AnyDVDHD has processed the disc and it is available for use by by other programs.
Now when you encounter these type of disc's and it's not handled correctly please post a logfile from AnyDVDHD on here so it can be fixed in the OPD.
And if you planning to rip those disc's then I recommend leaving protection intact when you rip it. Then to use the ISO you just mount it with preferably VCD . Which is available for FREE here:
https://www.redfox.bz/download.html

But you can also use any decent virtual drive to mount it. Then once you mount it your system acts as if the physical disc is in the drive. Let AnyDVDHD work it's magic and your good to go . And that ISO is good regardless if it was being handled correctly by the OPD or not at the time of ripping it.

And if you planning to rip those disc's then I recommend leaving protection intact when you rip it.

Sorry for what might be a dumb question, but I have AnyDVD and ImgBurn - will that combo allow me to rip a blu-ray disc with the encryption intact, and if so, how? Because my rips always remove the encryption, and that's a pain with these Screenpass discs because the Status window no longer displays the right playlist with these decrypted rips.

You can always rip encrypted, with or without anydvd. However if you burn that encrypted iso back to disc you're dead in the water, as the rip will refuse playback (due to protection being intact). Anydvd handles screenpass protected discs just fine if the data is in the OPD. If you've got a disc you think has screenpass and isn't handled properly the standard policy applies, no anydvd logfile = no fix = no playlist mentioned

You can always rip encrypted, with or without anydvd. However if you burn that encrypted iso back to disc you're dead in the water, as the rip will refuse playback (due to protection being intact). Anydvd handles screenpass protected discs just fine if the data is in the OPD. If you've got a disc you think has screenpass and isn't handled properly the standard policy applies, no anydvd logfile = no fix = no playlist mentioned

I never burn rips onto discs, I just keep the ISOs. With that in mind, if I understand correctly I don't have to do anything special when ripping, and as long as the disc in the OPD AnyDVD should be able to identify the playlist in Status from the ripped .iso?

The correct playlist (if your disc has screenpass) is identified when the disc is decrypted and if the data is in the OPD. If you don't save the disc.inf file that is created when the disc is decrypted you won't have that information later if you save the decrypted iso. If you save the iso with protection intact then AnyDVD will tell you the correct playlist whenever that protected iso is mounted and decrypted.

The correct playlist (if your disc has screenpass) is identified when the disc is decrypted and if the data is in the OPD. If you don't save the disc.inf file that is created when the disc is decrypted you won't have that information later if you save the decrypted iso. If you save the iso with protection intact then AnyDVD will tell you the correct playlist whenever that protected iso is mounted and decrypted.

That makes sense but I'm still confused about two things:

1) how do I create a disc.inf when ripping ISOs? I don't see an option in Settings

2) how do rip ISO with protection intact? Is that a setting within AnyDvd or is it determined by the ripping software (I use ImgBurn, but also have access to DvdFab if that works better)

Thanks.

If you Gave AnyDVD HD use the built in ripper rip to image it will create ISO and before you begin the rip a dialogue box appears with check boxes for ripping protected, unprotected, disc inf file creation, and small parsing.

Sorry for what might be a dumb question, but I have AnyDVD and ImgBurn - will that combo allow me to rip a blu-ray disc with the encryption intact, and if so, how? Because my rips always remove the encryption, and that's a pain with these Screenpass discs because the Status window no longer displays the right playlist with these decrypted rips.
Use the built-in ripper of AnyDVDHD . That is the easiest way to.
You can access it by one of two ways.
Either right-clicking the fox icon in the tray and selecting rip to image, or by going to start menu -> programs -> RedFox -> AnyDVDHD -> AnyDVDHD image ripper.
Now,
Once you have ripped to ISO just mount it with a virtual drive (preferably VCD) and let AnyDVDHD scan it. Will be the same as having the actual disc in the optical drive.
Let me know if you need anything else.

1 you don't, anydvd does that during decryption
2 right click fox tray icon, rip to image, tick box 'keep protection', done

Thanks for the instructions guys, now I get it. The only thing I remain confused about is is I don't see an option for the disc.inf in the rip dialog (image attached), and I tried a rip with AnyDVD but don't see a disc.inf file, so what am I doing wrong.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 6
The disc.inf doesn't appear on the ripping window, it'll be present in the root of the ISO image when ripping is complete.

Got it. Ok, hopefully this really is my last question - does the disc.inf not get created on the .iso if "Keep Protection" is checked? I created images of same disc (Expendables 2) with AnyDVD, first withOUT disabled "Keep Protection" and second WITH "Keep Protection", and disc.inf appeared on the first .iso, but not on the second (see images).

Attachments

• Protected.png
    Protected.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Unprotected.png
    Unprotected.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 4
]
Got it. Ok, hopefully this really is my last question - does the disc.inf not get created on the .iso if "Keep Protection" is checked? I created images of same disc (Expendables 2) with AnyDVD, first withOUT disabled "Keep Protection" and second WITH "Keep Protection", and disc.inf appeared on the first .iso, but not on the second (see images).
There is no need for it when keeping protection.
Just look at it this way. An ISO with protection is a 1:1 of the original disc. Therefore when you mount it and AnyDVDHD scans it does the decryption so it gets the disc info needed then like the correct playlist.
Basic descriptions:
ISO with protection is a exact digital replica of the original. And can be used like one when mounted . And anything can be done with it then and doesn't need the disc information file as it gets any special information at time of decryption. From either the OPD or the local database.

Iso without protection has been decrypted to the version used including speedmenu and clip altering. It is what it was at time of ripping. And that's when it needs the disc information file.

Last edited:
Back