• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Last Witch Hunter issues

DQ

Greetings, this is the first time I have requested help so please go easy on me. I have read the other threads for this disc and things appear to be correct on my end but I get out of order chapters. I can see in settings that the playlist being used/suggested is 995 which was discussed in other threads as being one of the correct possibilities. However there were others but I am not sure how to change the playlist. I am not even sure at this point if that is the direction to take with this issue?

Now admittedly I initially had an issue with this disk because I did not have a region set on my drive. However that has been corrected. But my problem persists.

If someone can just point me in the correct direction I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_I_THE_LAST_WITCH_HUNTER.ziplog
    572.5 KB · Views: 9
What software are you using for playback?

I may have solved my issue. I was thinking that AnyDVD was responsible for selecting the right playlist but I take it that it is the playback software that is?

Correct anydvd point mentions the correct playlist. When decrypted properly licensed players use the playlist specified automatically because they follow the correct code on the disc. Unlicensed players such as the one you're using don't, even with a correct decryption. They 'guess' which one is the correct one, usually the one with the longest playlist. But that one IQs usually wrong, and then you need to manually load the one anydvd specifies.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

OK well that all makes sense, thanks for the explanation. It seems normally my playback software picks the right playlist. But with this movie it is guessing incorrectly. Now the one that AnyDVD is suggesting is not possible. It is 995 and the lists stop at 306. So what should I do next? I assume it is to determine which is correct but what is the best way to do that? Thank you.

well i see this file in the ziplog you uploaded
00995.mpls

well i see this file in the ziplog you uploaded
00995.mpls
Maybe my playback software just won't that high? Handbrake sees 308 and VLC sees 301.

That's a handbrake issue not anydvd, handbrake uses its own 'title numbers'. You need to check the log or something for titles, on one of the lines with it reach entry will have a matching mpls entry. All of this is already available in the search.

Moving topic as this is not an anydvd issue.

That's a handbrake issue not anydvd, handbrake uses its own 'title numbers'. You need to check the log or something for titles, on one of the lines with it reach entry will have a matching mpls entry. All of this is already available in the search.

Moving topic as this is not an anydvd issue.

OK well I am sorry I put it in the wrong place. As I was trying to make clear I was not sure what I was asking for entirely. I just needed a hand.

I know far more about the situation now. However I am still left with out of order chapters. So far handbrake and VLC pick the wrong playlist. Which literally could be a limitation on their end. But I did get successful playback out of powerdvd but I could not find where it might tell me which one it was playing.

I understand this is really not a Redfox product thing at this point but if anyone could steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

in your status window at AnyDVD is shows that 00995 is the good one, its also mentioned in the disc.inf file, and that is the playlist powerdvd is using then

in your status window at AnyDVD is shows that 00995 is the good one, its also mentioned in the disc.inf file, and that is the playlist powerdvd is using then

Yea it seems that nothing I can find (outside of PowerDVD) will see beyond the 300's. I am open to suggestions of course.

As I said, you need to check the handbrake log. It'll mention it's own title numbers and disc mpls. Eg title 150->995.mpls

That's all available how to do, via forum search or Google search

you can use BDInfo
or open a playlist folder on the disc and open the mpls with MPC HC

That's not the issue. The issue is that handbrake uses different title numbers to identify playlists than using the playlist number.

or open a playlist folder on the disc and open the mpls with MPC HC

+1. For playback just open 00995.mpls directly with MPC-HC.

If you want to convert, take a look at CloneBD or BDRebuilder. Both will get the info from AnyDVD and automatically use 995.

As for Handbrake, as Ch3vr0n mentioned it uses it's own title numbers, you can use this tip posted previously by @raymondgibbons

"In HandBrake, select and scan the Blu-ray Disc. Then in HandBrake go to Tools -> Activity Log and look under Scan Log. HandBrake will list all the Titles found, then on the next line in the log, it will state the corresponding Playlist."

So in your case look for 00995.mpls in the Handbrake log.

VLC also uses it's own title numbers, as far as I know there is no way of finding out what the corresponding mpls is.
Last time I checked it can not manually open mpls file either.

+1. For playback just open 00995.mpls directly with MPC-HC.

If you want to convert, take a look at CloneBD or BDRebuilder. Both will get the info from AnyDVD and automatically use 995.

As for Handbrake, as Ch3vr0n mentioned it uses it's own title numbers, you can use this tip posted previously by @raymondgibbons

"In HandBrake, select and scan the Blu-ray Disc. Then in HandBrake go to Tools -> Activity Log and look under Scan Log. HandBrake will list all the Titles found, then on the next line in the log, it will state the corresponding Playlist."

So in your case look for 00995.mpls in the Handbrake log.

VLC also uses it's own title numbers, as far as I know there is no way of finding out what the corresponding mpls is.
Last time I checked it can not manually open mpls file either.

Thanks to all for the help and this post specifically. That was some of the info I was looking for and needed. I thought the "title number" I was looking for was 995. But checking the Handbrake log allowed it to sink in it was the MPLS I was looking for. Which you can easily see in Handbrake once you know to look.

I am rerunning Handbrake now and I have a feeling things will be correct this time.

Thanks everyone!

Back