• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Invasion problems

Great just use DVD Shrink and leave anydvd off no need for it with this title. Just some shared info for our users here.

My biggest concern here is that I don't believe the problem has to do with AnyDVD or CloneDVD. The real question is why is it happening and how to resolve it. AnyDVD shouldn't have any issues with this disc. The need to not use AnyDVD or have it disabled isn't a good thing.

I don't know why they are having a problem with this disc or Saw IV or Memoirs of a Geisha. In all cases [once some packet-writing software was removed] the logs show absolutely nothing that would explain a problem with ripping a disc.

Last edited:
I am not sure why it isnt working either. I have tried ripping it to the hard drive and using DvdClone2 and neither has worked on Memoirs of a Geisha or The Invasion. I did successfully use AnyDvd with DvdClone2 to back up The Comebacks, with no problem at all.

I am not sure why it isn't working either. I have tried ripping it to the hard drive and using DvdClone2 and neither has worked on Memoirs of a Geisha or The Invasion. I did successfully use AnyDVD with DvdClone2 to back up The Comebacks, with no problem at all.

Your Copy of the "Invasion"
Is Reading Differently from mine

I have the AI Scanner set as Default
Remove Adverts= Disabled
I had NO Trouble with this Disc - What so ever ...:confused:

Mine :

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.3)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 0822
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1736752 sectors (3392 MBytes)
Total size: 3473494 sectors (6784 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_INVASION
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.

Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Yours - as posted :

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.3)
QSI DVD+-RW SDW-082 LX51
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1736752 sectors (3392 MBytes)
Total size: 3473494 sectors (6784 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_INVASION
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!

Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.

Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

:)

Last edited:
Shannon the log enables the AI Scanner to be on and can state there is protection then a false positive I think? Web or Drink may be of more detail.

That's great now you know and I never thought I'd be teaching you something.

I'm thinking that these problems Enforcer is having may be hardware-related. Maybe the DVD drive is just a very picky one. However, I'm not seeing read errors. I am seeing absolutely nothing in any of the logs to show me where a problem would be which makes solving the problem nearly impossible.

Enforcer, if you have access to another DVD drive try using it instead of the one you normally use. That's at least one way of removing the drive from the equation.

I'm really out of suggestions in terms of software and many others have had no issues with this disc.

Back