• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Golden compass

Not bad mouthing shrink

Dont get me wrong, I'm not bad mouthing shrink its just it seems like people are having issues all the time and what are they using? Shrink.
I'm no rookie , I just want something quick and easy (Fox & Clone)
Heck, my kids tear them up anyways. I figure in another year I will need to back up my whole collection again.:disagree:

Peace

The only issue with Shrink (and Nero recode) is that they can't handle some of the new and bizzar strucutral copy protections. Normally it's AnyDVD's job to handle that part anyway (ie a copy-protection), but in order to do so the AnyDVD analysis would take as long as a complete rip. This would kinda defeat the "on the fly" focus of AnyDVD. AnyDVD cannot remove this type of protection "on the fly".

The "compromise" solution was to modify the AnyDVD ripper to share the rip code with CloneDVD. So now when someone is using a backup program that does not support structural copy-protected disks - AnyDVD can still do it's job - just not "on the fly" but by doing a whole rip.

And by the way.......... CloneDVD didn't plan for this or even update for this protection because it's "still supported",
it just got lucky. When Saw3 first came out with this protection... it just happened to handle it because of the way it handled a large number of strange title sets.

-W

Last edited:
shrinkshot.jpg
if you are using dvd shrink then u will need to run the anydvd ripper first if you see that the percentage states one thing but the bar to the right is still sitting on zero (as illustrated in pic). there is a usually a faster way if you are planning on reauthoring and ripping only the actual movie and not the menus. You can simply rip the single title at no compression with dvd shrink to your hdd and then open the results of that in dvd shrink to compress it. It still takes 2 steps but usually goes faster then ripping the entire dvd with anydvd ripper.

Back