• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Expanse Discs 1 & 3 (Season 1)

ulborn

I am getting an error about AnyDVD can not crack the CSS on the disc, but was going to guess???
I keep getting Error reading sectors XXXX-XXXX.
Both discs look immaculate, cleaned them anyway.
Disc 2 worked fine.

Getting the same results in two different drives, a DVD drive and a BluRay Drive. (Don't know if that helps)

Anyone know what I can do to rip these?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.2_Info_J_THE_EXPANSE.ziplog
    138.2 KB · Views: 3
Try exiting out of AnyDVD and setting the region on your drive

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Exit AnyDVD COMPLETELY & set your drive region in Device Manager.

edit: Crap, Adbear beat me to it.

Did that. (Actually installed the latest version, set the region, shutdown, rebooted.) (y)
The BluRay was set to Region 1 all along.
Still getting the message about not being able to crack the CSS, with the note that to avoid this set the Region. :banghead:

Then post a new logfile with the region set

Here you go. :) Weird, it still show no region! Picture is worth a thousand words!

Second log file attached from the BluRay drive. (Drive H)

Tried ripping again with the Drive H, still getting read errors on both discs. :(

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.2_Info_J_THE_EXPANSE.ziplog
    138 KB · Views: 2
  • Pioneer.jpg
    Pioneer.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_8.0.9.2_Info_H_THE_EXPANSE.ziplog
    126.4 KB · Views: 3
It's not weird at all. That's because you're not following instructions and looking at device manager with anydvd ACTIVE.

EXIT anydvd COMPLETELY! the tray icon can NOT be active (rightclick tray icon > exit) now look again, SURPRISE!

Anydvd is never wrong on that front

Wow, missed it with the reboot (FORGOT TO SET REGION!!!!!), so sorry to have made a mistake, your highness.

Still did not fix the issue. Still in the exact same place since I DID say that I moved to the BluRay drive to avoid any issues!!!

Last edited:
Reboots don't fix unset regions, with or without anydvd exited. I'm goin with defective since that disc set was released almost a year ago. @James will need to take a look.

Wow, missed it with the reboot (FORGOT TO SET REGION!!!!!), so sorry to have made a mistake, your highness.

Still did not fix the issue. Still in the exact same place since I DID say that I moved to the BluRay drive to avoid any issues!!!
Which error do you get exactly when. "Error reading sectors XXXX-XXXX" suggests you rip to iso. Try ripping to folder, or use CloneDVD to create an iso.

Back