• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The eraser folder?

dbminter

I just updated to the latest AnyDVD and discovered it creates a sub folder in the installation destination called eraser with a VTS .IFO file in it. I don't know if this was always created and I just didn't notice it before or if this is new.

I was wondering why this file/folder is there? It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Thanks!

I just updated to the latest AnyDVD and discovered it creates a sub folder in the installation destination called eraser with a VTS .IFO file in it. I don't know if this was always created and I just didn't notice it before or if this is new.

I was wondering why this file/folder is there? It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Thanks!
It's been there for a long time. My guess is it's used in combination with the remove trailers and annoying stuff settings to 'blank' things out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Ah, that makes sense. I was trying to think if there was any kind of VOBBlanker like functionality in AnyDVD that might explain why something called eraser with an .IFO file might be in it. I wasn't sure if there was such a function. I remember a long time ago there used to be a setting where you could skip trailers, but I think that just altered the .IFO's to load the main menu and bypass all VOB's that would run before it.

Ah, that makes sense. I was trying to think if there was any kind of VOBBlanker like functionality in AnyDVD that might explain why something called eraser with an .IFO file might be in it. I wasn't sure if there was such a function. I remember a long time ago there used to be a setting where you could skip trailers, but I think that just altered the .IFO's to load the main menu and bypass all VOB's that would run before it.
You can't just alter .ifos. If you want to remove a title set which isn't the last, you need to do something more elaborate.

Older topic, new reply. :) Something like DVDReMake, maybe?

Back