• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The end is coming "Cinavia"

therivetman

This technology will be incorporated into every playback device made in the near future and will spell the end of backing up your collections.

Is Slysoft able to work around Hardware Protection?....I thought this type protection rendered the copy unplayable without knowing the original code stored at the studio....much the same as the VeriSign system employed by banks for secure transactions.

it only renders the copy unplayable if you play it back on a player that supports cinavia detection. If you play it on one who doesnt, it doesnt get triggered obviously and you can just enjoy the entire movie.

This technology will be incorporated into every playback device made in the near future and will spell the end of backing up your collections.
So we have heard that with macrovision, CSS, the various CD protections schemes, BD, BD+.

This is just going to push people to diskless stream devices and content pulled from the net. It will kill purchase and even rental of disks.

That is until it is broken. BD protection was broken in about 1/10 the estimated time.

So we have heard that with macrovision, CSS, the various CD protections schemes, BD, BD+.

This is just going to push people to diskless stream devices and content pulled from the net. It will kill purchase and even rental of disks.

That is until it is broken. BD protection was broken in about 1/10 the estimated time.

Not to mention the leaked Intel video encoding system....is out in the wild now...people will find ways to break that protection hardware or software. They must think people are that stupid???

"It will kill purchase and even rental of disks"

Not if the source Blu-ray disk has CSS protection on it and is infected with Cinavia.

The Cinavia infected hardware player will still be able to play the source Blu-ray disk.

BD protection was broken

No, it wasn't. It was only "broken" because studios deceided that they wanted the discs to be played on PC's, which are not trusted computers. So only the PC side of Blu-Ray has been broken.

Any time the industry wants, they can put out a disc that cannot be played on a PC. And that disc will not be able to be broken by AnyDVD. At least not without a lot more work.

No, it wasn't. It was only "broken" because studios deceided that they wanted the discs to be played on PC's, which are not trusted computers. So only the PC side of Blu-Ray has been broken.

That's why you use Anydvd HD backup the BD and then play on the standalone that has that Cinavia in the standalone and probably play it without any problems. PC not trusted.....that must be a April fool joke??? :confused: That is how I see it unless someone has tried it on Cinavia media??

Any time the industry wants, they can put out a disc that cannot be played on a PC. And that disc will not be able to be broken by AnyDVD. At least not without a lot more work.

Well if it can't be played on PC it most likely won't work on standalone. Anydvd HD breaking the decryption is only a matter of time, just waiting and it will be broken-just like the studio says BD protection couldn't be broken and it was. So that tells you the studios track record is just words at best that don't hold much water. But this is all my thoughts on this protection that does nothing but hurt legit buyers and users.

"It will kill purchase and even rental of disks"

Not if the source Blu-ray disk has CSS protection on it and is infected with Cinavia.

The Cinavia infected hardware player will still be able to play the source Blu-ray disk.

How can that be if one uses Anydvd HD backups their bought BD the Cinavia would be gone? If the copy works then then standalone wouldn't be able to tell the difference??? Am I wrong to think this wouldn't work??

PC not trusted.....that must be a April fool joke??? :confused:

You don't understand. I am guessing English is not your first language?

The PC is not a "trusted computing" platform. As in not secure. Read more about trusted computing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_computing

Standalone Blu-Ray players are trusted computers. The PS3 is a trusted computer (although with the various keys that have been published recently, that is likely to change).

Blu-Ray discs have separate code on them for playback on PC players (unsecure) than they do for stand alone players (secure).

Well if it can't be played on PC it most likely won't work on standalone.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30412

Disc has a mastering error. PC code is broken. Standalone code is not. Plays in standalone, does not play on PC. Slysoft unable to fix.

Anydvd HD breaking the decryption is only a matter of time, just waiting and it will be broken-just like the studio says BD protection couldn't be broken and it was. So that tells you the studios track record is just words at best that don't hold much water.

Many people have your misunderstanding. Blu-Ray decryption has not been broken. PC software players are what was broken. And since PC's are not secure computers, it was only logical that Blu-Ray playback on PC software players would be compromised in a matter of months (which it was).

If the studios want, they could publish Blu-Ray discs that cannot be played on a PC, and have no problem playing on stand alones. AnyDVD will not be able to break such a disc. Although, that might change, since the PS3's security has been breached recently. The PS3 uses a software player, but because the PS3 is a trusted computer, its software player uses the trusted code on Blu-Ray discs. That may end up allowing developers like SlySoft to enable AnyDVD to break both the trusted and non-trusted code on Blu-Ray discs.

Last edited:
How can that be if one uses Anydvd HD backups their bought BD the Cinavia would be gone? If the copy works then then standalone wouldn't be able to tell the difference??? Am I wrong to think this wouldn't work??

A copy is unable to use AACS. Player's firmware sees that AACS isn't being used = Cinavia kicks in and mutes sound after 20 minutes.

@therivetman

See third party products/DVDFAB Cinavia/post #6

@ recycle

The statement was that Cinavia will kill purchase of Blu-ray disks and the rental of Blu-ray disks.

And, I am saying that won't happen if the Cinavia infected hardware player is only use to play source Bluray disks and not back-up disks.

Source Blu-ray disks that have AACS on them and the audio Cinavia watermark will play on Cinavia infected hardware players.

When AACS has been removed by AnyDVD HD on a back-up disk it will not play on a Cinavia infected hardware player.

You don't understand. I am guessing English is not your first language?

Excuse me but I resent personal attacks as biased and bigotry on your part. And if you don't know what those two words mean maybe go look them up in a dictionary then.

Excuse me but I resent personal attacks as biased and bigotry on your part. And if you don't know what those two words mean maybe go look them up in a dictionary then.

That was in no way a personal attack whatsoever on you. I was only trying to account for what looked like a communication gap to me. I can only speak one language. If you can speak more than one, then you are already ahead of me there. Not many people are that fortunate.

I resent your assumption that I was being a "biggot" and "attacking you" when I was only trying to explain things better. :( :confused:

Has anyone done a test to this yet???
Reading elsewhere, there is a solution for Cinavia - a protected back up (Doom9 - Decrypting forum - Cinavia thread, page 27).
Apparently if AACS is on the back-up, Cinavia will not be triggered (PS3, but may work on standalone players, too).

Find/read the thread for more details. I wont link for reasons that become obvious.

Last edited:
That was in no way a personal attack whatsoever on you. I was only trying to account for what looked like a communication gap to me. I can only speak one language. If you can speak more than one, then you are already ahead of me there. Not many people are that fortunate.

I resent your assumption that I was being a "biggot" and "attacking you" when I was only trying to explain things better. :( :confused:

Unfortunately it didn't come off as that. Maybe next time one should look at their reply semantics overall first before submitting their response.

Back