• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Durrells in Corfu - Complete Fourth Season

Thin Man

Used RedFox to pull the movie into my collection. I was able to get the second disk moved over to my server, but the first disc has issues. I thought that it was likely just a bad disk, so I returned it and the second disk also a problem - - ran into problems transcoding at 26% on the first set of disk I received and at 39% on disks I received after receiving the replacement disks. Have to believe there is some sort of protection if two separate disks are creating the same problem. Attached is the ziplog. Would appreciate any thoughts or help. Have a hard time believing that there are two bad disks distributed back-to-back.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.2.0_Info_B_The Durrells S4 Disc 1.ziplog
    828.1 KB · Views: 4
It looks like decryption is good. Please elaborate on your problems. Does elby CloneDVD2 give you an error message? Or the AnyDVD rip-to folder ripper? If yes, which one?
Can you post a zipped CloneDVD2 logfile?

I used AnyDVD rip-to-folder. I tried CloneDVD2 this morning (haven't used it in years) and got a similar issue at 39% of ripping. Not sure how to get the logfile out of CloneDVD2 and didn't find it in the online manual. How do I do this? Will post once I understand how.

Also have to wonder if this is just a bad sector, but it would mean that this disc and the first copy I exchanged both have bad sectors - that's a pretty big coincidence (or really bad quality management).

Just re-read my posts and think it would be best if I clarified my prior 2 posts:

I purchased the DVD "The Durrells in Corfu - The Complete Fourth Season" (2 discs). I used AnyDVD to rip to my harddrive using "Rip Video Disc to Harddrive" - Disc 1 gave me errors at 26% and stopped working, but I had no issues with Disc 2. I figured that it was a bad sector or disc issue, so I returned the disc and exchanged it for the same title. With the new discs, I get an error at 39% on Disc 1, but still no issues on Disc 2. Per your recommendation from earlier today, I tried using CloneDVD2 and got a similar issue again at 39%. Since there are three episodes on each disc, I broke down the episodes on CloneDVD2, ripping each individually. Episode 2 (title 49 and title 03) and Episode 3 (title 04 and title 50) are repeated as separate titles on the disc, Episode 1 (title 23) is only there once.

Episode 2 has different play times depending on which title you look at: play time for Episode 2 (title 49) is 50.04 and (title 03) is 48.12. Title 49 is where I'm getting the error - I used the movie preview panel in CloneDVD2 and panned to minute 48.12 (which is the same length as the other Episode 2 (title 03)), there are no issues going through the title up to that point, but after minute 48.12 the video repeats the ending "PBS" production company logo another four times and then I get an error that states "B:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB: read error The system cannot read from the specified device. If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again [File 1 B:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 30 PictureReader]."

The DVD is a new release from this past Tuesday and, since the Episode 2 titles are the same but have different play times, I have to assume that this is some sort of anti-copying component. I don't know your process, but think it would be best if this particular disc was included as support for new DVD discs on your next release and had AnyDVD ignore title 49. You have my prior logfile (attached to my first post), but let me know if there is anything more you need from me. Also, if it is easy to make the change and you would plan to do so immediately, please let me know so that I can re-rip the entire disc (rather than keeping them as individual episodes).

Also, I mentioned that Episode 3 is also represented twice on the disc (title 04 and title 50): both titles associated with this episode are the same play time and I get no errors with either title - I watched both episodes from the CloneDVD2 preview screen running the playback speed at 8x.

I am experiencing a problem almost the same as thin man with the disk Durrells in Corfu Season 4 disk 1. When I run anydvd (vsn 8.4.4.1) then clonedvd2 I get something very similar. After anydvd runs its scan and I start clonedvd2 selecting ‘clonedvd’ with quality set to dual layer, the quality only goes to 60%. Continuing on to next page Clonedvd2 scans to 29% and stops there.

I then tried to run Anydvd Ripper which stopped at 39% with error: FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB7548229632 452608

This is close to my first time posting and I probably should have started my own thread. Not sure. I am going to try and attach my anydvd logfile. I imagine a beta or new release of anydvd will probably resolve this issue. I am sharing more for the benefit of everyone and not looking for specific feedback.

If anyone reading this is new to Anydvd, it is a great product and a tremendous support team that maintains it. I have been a silent user for years. 100% satisfied!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.4.1_Info_G_The Durrells S4 Disc 1.ziplog
    828.3 KB · Views: 2
James, I have the same question as Thin Man. You mention "Can you post a zipped CloneDVD2 logfile?" Are you referring to the Anydvd log file or does Clonedvd2 actually generate a separate log file? I cannot find reference to a log file specific to Clonedvd2. Please advise how to find if there is one. Thanks bunches to the whole support team!

James, I have the same question as Thin Man. You mention "Can you post a zipped CloneDVD2 logfile?" Are you referring to the Anydvd log file or does Clonedvd2 actually generate a separate log file? I cannot find reference to a log file specific to Clonedvd2. Please advise how to find if there is one. Thanks bunches to the whole support team!
CloneDVD can generate a logfile. Please check the manual for details (click "Help")

James, thanks for the feedback. I will look via Help. Hats of to the work all of you do!

Back