• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Departed, Catch a fire, Heat Not reading!!!??? Help!!!

barakban12

My mother just purchased 3 dvd's Catch a fire, the departed and heat. At this point I have the latest Anydvd and none of these are reading I mean nothing happens. It sounds like my drive trys over and over to read the discs and nothing happens. I've tried other discs and it's worked perfectly. Does anyone know what I could do to resolve this problem?:mad: :mad: :mad:

My mother just purchased 3 dvd's Catch a fire, the departed and heat. At this point I have the latest Anydvd and none of these are reading I mean nothing happens. It sounds like my drive trys over and over to read the discs and nothing happens. I've tried other discs and it's worked perfectly. Does anyone know what I could do to resolve this problem?:mad: :mad: :mad:

1. Keep your Anydvd license key backed up somewhere safe.

2. Uninstall Anydvd. Start-->All programs-->Slysoft-->Anydvd-->Uninstall. Reboot.

Now can your drives read the discs?

Last edited:
Still not reading! I think its maybe because of the protection on the disc but I dont understand because everyone else is backing up the disc with ease. The Drive will still read previously backed up movies but not those three. Hmmmm?!:doh: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Try exchanging the discs for new ones. They sound faulty.

Copy protection will not prevent the discs from playing. Very possibly that your DVDRW is failing. Will the discs play in another PC or a home player?

Similar Problem

Hi, I had a similar problem with different titiles that would not read and others that would read fine. My cure was uninstalling a free CD/DVD burning program. It was interfering with Clonedvd2. No problems since. Have you added any software lately and then this problem started? Hope this helps you.

joe, he says other discs read fine.

Thanks linx, but I did see that part of his post. I have seen DVDRW's read some discs and not read others when they start to fail.
rurbank also brings up a possible solution. A System Restore, prior to the propblem, would conclude that. I have to ask again if those particular discs will play in another optical device.

Thanks linx, but I did see that part of his post. I have seen DVDRW's read some discs and not read others when they start to fail.rurbank also brings up a possible solution. A System Restore, prior to the propblem, would conclude that. I have to ask again if those particular discs will play in another optical device.

That I can confirm from past experience with a MadDog burner, some discs it would read fine then some others it simply wouldnt read at all then it slowly got to the point where it flat out quit reading any disc put in it.

I'm not sure if the disks can play in another drive since I dont have one available to me. Ofcourse the disk does play in a stand alone dvd player. But I was thinking maybe it was due to the multiple programs I have installed. At one point I had region free, dvdfab, anydvd, shrink, clonedvd2, ripit4me all installed on my system. I've uninstalled all but anydvd, shrink and dvdfab. I've even tried anydvd and dvdfab alone and still nothing. Could it be in the settings of the programs. How far does the conflict of anydvd and dvdfab go? Would these two programs together keep the drive from reading certain dvd's in any way? I will be returning both disk's and getting new ones and see what happens then. I was straying away from the drive failing because my computer is only about 6 months old (Compaq presario V5200, dual layer burner that came built in) but I'm really not sure on how long it would take for a drive to go bad. It would be very much appreciated if you guys could keep giving my feedback I have a feeling that something will give soon and I'll figure it out.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back