• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Dark Knight discussion

I'll be honest, the whole movie just sucked for me. Superman with a "Jesus" complex. With elements of the Divinci Code thrown in. Sorry, no. It just didn't work on any level at all. I was warned before I saw it just how bad it was, and yet, I had to see for myself. Honestly, I wish I hadn't. I'd have had more fun sitting through Ultraviolet again than watching that. I try to forget it was ever made. Did I mention that I really despised that movie? :) It's ok if you liked it, but, I just thoroughly hated it.

I never cared for Superman either way, and I don't care what they do with him as long as they don't mix him up with this Batman stuff from Nolan. It's just the cheesiest silliest superhero ever to me. Maybe Tim Burton could make a good Superman movie, but I see it more as a comedy or tribute-satire, a la Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure or Mars Attacks!. I saw the old movies as a kid, and it was just some light entertainment. The first Tim Burton Batman, though, that thing perturbed the hell out of me, I was about 10 at the time. I wonder how these Nolan Batmans would have done to me.

So anyway, has anyone seen the Dark Knight preview on the Batman Begins bluray? They have the first scene there, the one filmed in IMAX. DAMN it looks AWESOME! That makes me realize maybe with regular 35mm film, somewhere in the process, resolution is lost. I am thinking maybe it doesn't ever really projects (in the theater) more resolution than what 1080p is capable of. Damn the IMAX stuff on the bluray looks better than pretty much ANYTHING I've seen sourced from regular 35mm film on bluray, even the newest movies. I've noticed the same difference with digital sources like Ratatouille and super-high-resolution digital photography, like Corpse Bride. Those look much better than anything filmed on regular 35mm film.

I've read the same from others. Ain't no way I'm rebuying it. I already have it on HD DVD. It was my very first one. But yea, too bad they can't film everything in IMAX. :D

I think digital cameras like the ones used in Zodiac are the solution. That movie is probably the sharpest live-action movie I've seen in 1080p.

Back