• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Condemned R1 - 1:1 clone not working w/ AnyDVD 6.4.1.2

Pelvis Popcan

In the same vein as this thread (in the Third Party Products forum) for Reservation Road R1, it appears that there are some bad sector protections on The Condemned R1 that AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 is missing. This causes the read to fail if the 1:1 clone application (CloneCD, ImgBurn, Nero "DVD Copy") is configured to not ignore read errors.

When copying the disc using the clone feature of DVDFab 4.1.2.0 (the latest version), the read completes successfully, even with DVDFab configured to not ignore or skip ahead on read errors. The DVDFab 4.1.2.0 status screen reports 2 + 43 bad sector protections, AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 only reports 2.

I'm not going to go through and post all the screenshots like I did for the Reservation Road thread linked above, but trust me, I went through all the same steps and checked all the same things.

I'll go ahead and post the AnyDVD 6.4.1.2. logs for this disc, as well as the DVDFab status, in case any of it helps.

Again I remind everyone that this is not the third party products forum, and that I am only mentioning DVDFab here for troubleshooting purposes (to rule out a damanged disc or dying drive).

Code:
Info for drive [X:\] (DVDFab Platinum 4.1.2.0)
Drive region: 1

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1
Volume name: CONDEMNED
Video standard: NTSC
Layer 0 size: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Layer 1 size: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCs protection is removed!
Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
Invalid VOBUs protection is removed!
Fake vts protection is not found!
Potential bad sector (vts:1 title begin:14 end:24581) is removed!
Potential bad sector (vts:1 title begin:2624354 end:2708979) is removed!
2 potential bad sector protections are removed!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed!

PathPlayer is enabled!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:3) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:4) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:5) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:6) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:7) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:8) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:9) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:10) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:11) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:12) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:13) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:14) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:15) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:16) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:17) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:18) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:19) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:20) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:21) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:22) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:23) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:24) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:25) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:26) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:27) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:28) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:29) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:30) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:31) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:32) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:33) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:34) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:35) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:69) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:70) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:71) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:72) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:73) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:74) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:75) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:76) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:77) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:1 cell:78) is removed!
43 unplayable cells are removed!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_X_Condemned.zip
    568.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
In the same vein as this thread (in the Third Party Products forum) for Reservation Road R1, it appears that there are some bad sector protections on The Condemned R1 that AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 is missing. This causes the read to fail if the 1:1 clone application (CloneCD, ImgBurn, Nero "DVD Copy") is configured to not ignore read errors.

When copying the disc using the clone feature of DVDFab 4.1.2.0 (the latest version), the read completes successfully, even with DVDFab configured to not ignore or skip ahead on read errors. The DVDFab 4.1.2.0 status screen reports 2 + 43 bad sector protections, AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 only reports 2.

Thanks for your information.
According to your log file, AnyDVD detects the same bad cells - the log shows the good ones and you can see that the precise "negative list" is missing:

Cells: 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

So there should be no difference to this other program with the unfamiliar name you mentioned (what was it again? :) ).

You might want to try and switch AnyDVDs AI settings from "Automatic" to "always enabled" (for this disc as a test). But in this case it actually shouldn't make a difference, because it looks like AnyDVD would use the AI scanner for this disc anyway.

Do you know a sector number where the read failed?

I went ahead and tried turning the AI scanner to "Always Enabled," it didn't make a difference.

Here's the bad sectors as read by CloneCD with AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 running in the background. The bad sectors start at 95% into the image creation. There's a lot more than 43.

The forum is really working against me here. I couldn't post it directly in code tags, I get the error, "The text that you have entered is too long (23799 characters)."

So I tried to attach the CloneCD.log file as CloneCd.txt. It wouldn't let me do that either, I got the error, "Your file of 23.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype. "

So finally I was able to zip the CloneCD.log as CloneCD.zip; the forum allowed me to attach that. Seems like a lot of extra work for you guys to read a simple log file. :confused: :(

Attachments

• CloneCD.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 4
I went ahead and tried turning the AI scanner to "Always Enabled," it didn't make a difference.

Here's the bad sectors as read by CloneCD with AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 running in the background. The bad sectors start at 95% into the image creation. There's a lot more than 43.

The forum is really working against me here. I couldn't post it directly in code tags, I get the error, "The text that you have entered is too long (23799 characters)."

So I tried to attach the CloneCD.log file as CloneCd.txt. It wouldn't let me do that either, I got the error, "Your file of 23.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype. "

So finally I was able to zip the CloneCD.log as CloneCD.zip; the forum allowed me to attach that. Seems like a lot of extra work for you guys to read a simple log file. :confused: :(

Sorry for the inconvenience. I don't run this forum, but I'm sure there is a reason for these limitations.

Thanks anyway - strange output. Seems to me, that if you'd copy the same way you did with that other software - the name keeps escaping me - e.g. using AnyDVD ripper or CloneDVD it would work as well.
The issue here seems to be CloneCD, that reads beyond the actual movie material. Need to check with disc.

It fails in Nero's "DVD Copy" and ImgBurn as well (with AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 running in the background).

I didn't try AnyDVD Ripper or CloneDVD on The Condemned, but, as is the case for Reservation Road, it will probably work fine. It's the 1:1 copying that fails.

What I suspect as an end user (which means I'm guessing and probably wrong) is that whatever was done to fix AnyDVD 6.4.1.1/6.4.1.2 so that it works with Reservation Road broke bad sector detection. (AFAIK The Condemned worked OK with previous versions of AnyDVD.) In light of this, I suspect that 1:1 copying will not work properly for other titles that use similar protection.

Back