The Clash disables AnyDVD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Brock Macpherson, May 10, 2008.

1. Brock Macpherson

Brock Macpherson New Member

May I preface my problem with the fact that I have been successfully running AnyDVD for the last four years. During that time I have never had a disc that couldn't be scanned by AnyDVD, until now. When I put in a copy of 'The Essential Clash' ISBN D-7389-0303-5 a Sony Music Entertainment C 2003 inner ring markings say DVDL - 081730A1, AnyDVD locks up (the balloon stays on forever) and does not scan the disc. Additionally, if I try a different disc right away AnyDVD appears to have been corrupted and I have to remove the program and reinstall to make it work properly again. I am unable to 'create a logfile' so there appears to be no way to document the problem as suggested in the FAQ forum. The Clash disc plays in two different stand alone players and will play on my computer if I "disable' AnyDVD after I reinstall. I'm not worried about a fix for this, as my antiquated and outdated DVD Decrypter program read the disc without a hitch. I just thought it was odd that this is the only disc I have ever encountered to beat AnyDVD.

2. tomaustin

tomaustin New Member

Have had identical problem with the same Clash "Essentials" disk. SlySoft people -- do you read this?

3. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

Then do this:
    With NO DISC in the drive, create an EMPTY DRIVE Logfile and attach to your next reply.

These forums are primarily user to user, although SlySoft contribute as and when their time allows.

I'm sure this reply, from Frank (SlySoft Support Team), applies to the ALL the forums here:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Did you read the rules etc, this is essentially a USER forum. Going by their past record I'm pretty sure this was fixed a long time ago

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes. And now what?
    What disc is this? EAN/UPC number? Amazon link?

6. James

Even better:
    1.) Disable the "copy protection based on..." setting
    2.) Create logfile
    3.) Revert to default settings

7. James

How long did you let AnyDVD scan? Let it run at least 10 minutes. Do you see disc activity during the scan?

8. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

You've got our attention, but...

Is this the one?

http://www.amazon.com/Clash-Essential/dp/B00009PJSX/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295715057&sr=8-2

and of course answer the request from James.

9. Giljorak

Giljorak Well-Known Member

10. Yaris

Yaris Well-Known Member

And your point is ???:doh:
    He is referencing a problem that no one including the mods and staff showed any interest in helping the OP. His question is justifiable.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  11. Giljorak

Giljorak Well-Known Member

My point is that the person Frank was asking the question of has only posted one time and that was almost 3 years ago. I doubt he is going to answer.
    However, tomaustin may be able to answer the question if and when he checks in with this thread.

12. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

It is still orderable

You can still order that relic and the original input does say it is from 2003, packaged again or not. 8)