• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Chaperone PBS DVD Won't Rip with AnyDVD or CloneDVD

kangaroo

Hi,

Can you please look at the attached log file for The Chaperone PBS DVD? It won't rip either in CloneDVD or from AnyDVD HD 8.5.8.0.

Thanks!
Kanga

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.8.0_Info_E_The Chaperone.ziplog
    806.8 KB · Views: 9
The error message I get from CloneDVD is "Trying to repair defecvtive DVD structure...Please wait".
Thanks,
Kanga

The error message I get from CloneDVD is "Trying to repair defecvtive DVD structure...Please wait".
Thanks,
Kanga

Most of the time (not all the time) such issues are disc related. Meaning, a dirty or defective disc. Even if it's brand new you might try cleaning it with some mild soap and drying it with something like a microfiber cloth.

Most of the time (not all the time) such issues are disc related. Meaning, a dirty or defective disc. Even if it's brand new you might try cleaning it with some mild soap and drying it with something like a microfiber cloth.
Thanks, but this is a new DVD with no scratches. It plays with no issues on my Oppo 205 BluRay player. I get the same error message from CloneDVD from each of the two BluRay drives and DVD drive on my Windows 10 computer.

Thanks, but this is a new DVD with no scratches. It plays with no issues on my Oppo 205 BluRay player. I get the same error message from CloneDVD from each of the two BluRay drives and DVD drive on my Windows 10 computer.

New discs can still be bad or dirty. I have heard it explained that new discs will often have a film on them from manufacturing, hence the mild soap and water. I am not saying that is what it is for sure but it's worth a try since it's easy to do.

Thanks,
Kanga
What happens, if you wait?

New discs can still be bad or dirty. I have heard it explained that new discs will often have a film on them from manufacturing, hence the mild soap and water. I am not saying that is what it is for sure but it's worth a try since it's easy to do.
Cleaned it with soap and water. Still get error message. Like I said. Plays perfectly with no problems on my Oppo BluRay player. I get the same CloneDVD error message from my three optical drives (2 BluRay, 1 DVD). Did the log file tell you anything?

Cleaned it with soap and water. Still get error message. Like I said. Plays perfectly with no problems on my Oppo BluRay player. I get the same CloneDVD error message from my three optical drives (2 BluRay, 1 DVD). Did the log file tell you anything?

Sorry that did not work for you. James will read your log I am sure, just be sure to answer his question above.

What happens, if you wait?
CloneDVD and AnyDVD HD will create a 3.4 GB iso file but when the iso is played it will only show the 30 second Poldark Masterpiece Theatre preview trailer and then end as if it was the end of the file. No DVD Menu or the feature Chaperone movie.
Thanks, Kanga

CloneDVD and AnyDVD HD will create a 3.4 GB iso file but when the iso is played it will only show the 30 second Poldark Masterpiece Theatre preview trailer and then end as if it was the end of the file. No DVD Menu or the feature Chaperone movie.
Thanks, Kanga
Please try to copy the main movie without menus in CloneDVD. This would be title 27. Does this work?

Please try to copy the main movie without menus in CloneDVD. This would be title 27. Does this work?
Hi James, I selected the movie only, but still got the Trying to Repair DVD structure error message (see CloneDVD Rip 1-Selecting Movie Only.JPG and CloneDVD Rip 1-Trying to repair DVD structure.JPG). But this time about half way through, the error message went away (see CloneDVD Rip 1-Error Message Goes Away.JPG). A 3.8 MB iso file was created but didn't play anything, just a black screen. So I tried ripping the disc again using a different iso file name and I did not receive any error messages from the beginning this time (see CloneDVD Rip 2-No Error Message.JPG). Unfortunately it too created a 3.8 MB iso file which didn't play anything, just a black screen. I attached another log file after the 2nd rip.

Thanks, Kanga

CloneDVD Rip 1-Selecting Movie Only.JPG
CloneDVD Rip 1-Selecting Movie Only.JPG

CloneDVD Rip 1-Trying to repair DVD structure.JPG
CloneDVD Rip 1-Trying to repair DVD structure.JPG

CloneDVD Rip 1-Error Message Goes Away.JPG
CloneDVD Rip 1-Error Message Goes Away.JPG

CloneDVD Rip 2-No Error Message
CloneDVD Rip 2-No Error Message.JPG

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.8.0_Info_E_The Chaperone-Rip 2.ziplog
    807.6 KB · Views: 1
Are you sure, the checkbox "keep menus" is unchecked?
Thanks James that worked! I have an iso file that plays now :) I never had to uncheck the Preserve Menus box (nor knew it was there) in the 15/20+ years I have been using CloneDVD. Great to know. Thanks again!
KangaCloneDVD Rip 3-Preserve Menus Unchecked.JPG

Back