• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Bourne Ultimatum

There was a problem in production of this disk. The copy i bought from best buy and the 23 copies tested by my friend at my local video store all froze at about 1 hour 18 minutes and started skipping scenes. It does this for about 25 minutes but i had no problem reading the original and my copy with anydvd and clone dvd did not show this problem so i came to the conclusion that clonedvd and anydvd fixed whatever problem they had with this disk

It would seem that I live in a "blessed" area for this movie.:D
I, and several others in my area, backed up this movie. It was purchased at several different retailers, various softwares and various PC's were used.....including "Prefabs". No problems that I am aware of.

There was a problem in production of this disk. The copy i bought from best buy and the 23 copies tested by my friend at my local video store all froze at about 1 hour 18 minutes and started skipping scenes. It does this for about 25 minutes but i had no problem reading the original and my copy with anydvd and clone dvd did not show this problem so i came to the conclusion that clonedvd and anydvd fixed whatever problem they had with this disk

I would be inclined to think this may be an issue with the certain dvd players and this particular title.

I would be inclined to think this may be an issue with the certain dvd players and this particular title.

Actually the issues that others are having is to be able to make a copy not playback.

Actually the issues that others are having is to be able to make a copy not playback.

Some people are getting read errors actually from the original (which, as you know, is indicative of a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged)

I want chime in here. I did a CloneCD backup of this disk without any problems. It plays on my Sony 1998 DVD player, and on my PowerDVD pc, but will just not play at all on my 2006 Toshiba DVD Recorder.

Weird,

WY

I want chime in here. I did a CloneCD backup of this disk without any problems. It plays on my Sony 1998 DVD player, and on my PowerDVD pc, but will just not play at all on my 2006 Toshiba DVD Recorder.

Weird,

WY

CloneCD tends to leave some structure issues and protections that may be on the original if I remember right?

CloneCD tends to leave some structure issues and protections that may be on the original if I remember right?

I'll take back my original statement and say that my problem has nothing to do with Bourne Ultimatum. Just realized that all my CloneCD bu's do not play on my 2006 Toshiba DVD Recorder, but do play on my pc and my 1998 Sony DVD player.

Still Weird,

WY

I'll take back my original statement and say that my problem has nothing to do with Bourne Ultimatum. Just realized that all my CloneCD bu's do not play on my 2006 Toshiba DVD Recorder, but do play on my pc and my 1998 Sony DVD player.

Still Weird,

WY

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer that means Clonecd worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r DL media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r DL media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Verbatim+R DL blank media with Clonecd, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player that can't play the disc is slowly dying.

Still Weird,

WY

I'm guessing if you are using Clonecd to back up disc's, you are backing up to dual layer disc's.

My Toshiba DVD recorder also will not play any dual layer burnt disc's, my LG does fine. So it's a Toshiba compatibilty issue.

I
My Toshiba DVD recorder also will not play any dual layer burnt disc's, my LG does fine. So it's a Toshiba compatibilty issue.

Even when the Verbatim+R DL discs are booktyped to "dvd-rom"? I've played some on a Toshiba HD-DVD player without any issues.

I'm guessing if you are using Clonecd to back up disc's, you are backing up to dual layer disc's.

WS was right! I did not set the booktype to DVD-ROM. When I did this I was able to backup BU and it did played on my Toshiba. OMG, I have to now make sure that I do this every time I bu a disk. So far I have backedup on DL disk maybe 15 movies that I own, and probably will have to do over again. Well, maybe not if I can still see them on my other DVD player.

Lesson learned, if all else fails read the instructions, #4 on WS's How to properly bu using CloneCD and DL +r disks.

My BAD,

WY

I ma now sure all the hand wringing is based simply on some bad pressings and some people who don't understand dual layer burning.

There is no special protection.

I checked with the folloeing methods (region one, vista):

1) my typcial method. Ripped full disk with anydvd, pulled main movie with nero recode. burned to dual layer. perfect playback.

2) Ripped main movie with dvdshrink with anydvd in background. compressed main title with dvdshrink to dvr5. Burned with imagebure. Perfect playback.

3) Ripped with imageburn with anydvd in background. mounted on virtual clone. playback with power dvd, vlc. no problems.

4) took #3, pulled main movie with shrtink to another iso. mounted. no problems. recoded to dvr5 with nero. mounted nrg. no problems.

5) ripped with the fab. no problems.

There is nothing special with this disk. as with a number of others there are evidently bad pressing.

reading doom and afterdawn it is clear that people with problems got bad presses

There is nothing special with this disk. as with a number of others there are evidently bad pressing.

Yeah, and you don't even need to rip first with Anydvd if you use Shrink. In fact, you don't even need Anydvd if you use Shrink with the disc. Pretty much says it all . . .

Back