• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

THE BOOK THIEF Broken Menu

worknstiff

Here is the "The Book Thief," bluray that exhibits the broken menu in TMT5 and will also if you create a backup from this AnyDVD rip will not play in a standalone player. The AnyDVD log is attached.

Here is the "The Book Thief," bluray that exhibits the broken menu in TMT5 and will also if you create a backup from this AnyDVD rip will not play in a standalone player. The AnyDVD log is attached.

If the original disc plays fine in the stand-alone player, enable "Speed Menu" in Any DVD HD, insert the original disc and try again with TMT 5.

Is TMT 5 able to play the original disc with out Any DVD HD running, if not, you may need to update to TMT6, but it should work with Speed Menu with TMT5 ?

What model of stand-alone player do you have, it may need a firmware update.

Thanks Jeff R ---RE: The original disc plays fine in the stand-alone player (OPPO 93), and I know about using speed menu, but I am able to get the original disk to play with AnyDVD running. After the loading animation and the Paramount intro plays it gets stuck at a black screen and all I have to do is do a "CNTRL + T" to get past it and the menu and everything works great. If I do a backup of this "hangs at a black screen disk", it will exhibit the same problem on my Oppo also. I like the speed menu as a last resort but I really want to keep the original menu for the selection of chapters and audio. It just seems like a simple enough fix to add a "CNTRL + T" command in the Java fix when SlySoft does it's magic. thanks for your assistance, Jeff R. /W

Thanks Jeff R ---RE: The original disc plays fine in the stand-alone player (OPPO 93), and I know about using speed menu, but I am able to get the original disk to play with AnyDVD running. After the loading animation and the Paramount intro plays it gets stuck at a black screen and all I have to do is do a "CNTRL + T" to get past it and the menu and everything works great. If I do a backup of this "hangs at a black screen disk", it will exhibit the same problem on my Oppo also. I like the speed menu as a last resort but I really want to keep the original menu for the selection of chapters and audio. It just seems like a simple enough fix to add a "CNTRL + T" command in the Java fix when SlySoft does it's magic. thanks for your assistance, Jeff R. /W

Did you get my PM?

@ Pete RE: Did you get my PM?

Yes, I thought I sent a reply in PM to you about it, but I don't see it in my Sent folder. I have already uploaded the requested files. Thanks for your assistance.

@ Pete RE: Did you get my PM?

Yes, I thought I sent a reply in PM to you about it, but I don't see it in my Sent folder. I have already uploaded the requested files. Thanks for your assistance.

I got your PM, yes, thanks. I've also sent you a reply, that you obviously didnt' notice, yet ;)

You can alter your notification settings for PMs, so you get a popup and/or an e-mail notification whenever you get a PM.

[@ Pete: Thanks. I've sent the file you requested, thanks again for all your help with this disk. I apologize for being such a PITA with these requests for files. The weekends get sorta crazy around here sometimes, what can I say, teenager in the house! Will try to be more attentive of my notifications from now on.

[@ Pete: Thanks. I've sent the file you requested, thanks again for all your help with this disk. I apologize for being such a PITA with these requests for files. The weekends get sorta crazy around here sometimes, what can I say, teenager in the house! Will try to be more attentive of my notifications from now on.

Not at all.

Anyway - the "boys from the lab" say, they need the physical disc to reproduce this, there's some hidden bug in AnyDVD.
Where did you buy the disc?

@ Pete: RE: Where did you buy the disc?

@ Best Buy SKU: 3921072, Hope this helps. I have noticed that this problem has been fixed in the older releases, IE: Catching Fire, Enders Game, The Counselor. These disks exhibited the same problem and were fixed with the beta versions released a few weeks after the disks were first released. Thanks for your assistance.

FYI: Just tried the new AnyDVD (HD) 7.4.5.4 beta and hoped it would work, but the menu problem still exists.

Back