• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Astronaut Farmer Region 2 Czech problem

Did you try with anydvd disable?

Well, I wrote James in one of my previous posts that I can play the DVD in any software DVD player without Any DVD running. That's not the problem. Problem is that I can't make back up of the disc. And I also want to rip subs for XviD version of the movie which is much better for taking movies on holiday or for a weekend on my cottage in the country.

Can you open VTS_19_0.IFO from the original disc (AnyDVD disabled) with IFO Edit? If I try this from the AnyDVD_Info you've sent, IFO Edit crashes.

This makes debugging a little difficult (but I believe this was the intention of the makers of this protection)...

This makes debugging a little difficult (but I believe this was the intention of the makers of this protection)...

If I can help somehow, probably with sending you some additional information or something, just let me know.

Alright, i have this DVD movie for a year and still no luck. So i just tried the latest version of AnyDVD 6.4.8.9.

Still doesn't work. Firstly when i click to Rip Video DVD to Harddisk it repairs Defective DVD Structure. However .. it stops at 99% with CloneMap 2 error.

Log attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_Astronaut.zip
    277.8 KB · Views: 2
Alright, i have this DVD movie for a year and still no luck. So i just tried the latest version of AnyDVD 6.4.8.9.

Still doesn't work. Firstly when i click to Rip Video DVD to Harddisk it repairs Defective DVD Structure. However .. it stops at 99% with CloneMap 2 error.

Log attached.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Afc (SysWOW64\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

This Arcsoft filter is typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions and can cause conflicts with Slysoft software.

i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Afc. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok". Reboot

Whatever program installed that filter may no longer function properly.

3. Upload a new Anydvd log .zip file, please after doing steps 1 and 2

Last edited:
Yes, it's about time that I fix this.... :eek:

Webslinger that stupid ArcSoft filter cannot be removed. It just simply doesnt work with the guide you posted. I will try to remove whole Total Media Extreme Studio, which I use for Bluray playback.

James, thank you also for your reply. I will try to help you as much as i can with other shitty protected disks. Still there are bunch of them, but i didnt buy those yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Webslinger that stupid ArcSoft filter cannot be removed. It just simply doesnt work with the guide you posted.

Why? What happens?

I will try to remove whole Total Media Extreme Studio, which I use for Bluray playback.

You don't need to uninstall everything. I have TMT, and SamuriHL uses TME. You don't need afc.sys to watch Blu-rays nor dvds.

Nothing happens. I select it, click remove. It stays on the list even when i restart computer.

Last edited:
Nothing happens. I select it, click remove. It stays on the list even when i restart computer.

Wow. How about trying those steps in safe mode? Arcsoft does like to add a lot of startup programs . . . . try msconfig and disabling Arcsoft startup programs and services as well.

Its something weird here, uninstalled the studio. Afc.sys is not in the system anymore. But still its on the list in the ImgBurn. Maybe improperly unregistered?

Last edited:
Its something weird here, uninstalled the studio. Afc.sys is not in the system anymore. But still its on the list in the ImgBurn. Maybe improperly unregistered?

Improperly uninstalled, maybe (uninstall program might do a bad job)

I hope it's not a virus that keeps coming back

The bottom line is that entry needs to be removed from your registry.

Anyway, that doesn't really matter because Anydvd doesn't handle this disc properly yet.

Back