• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

terratec phonopreamp ivinyl

mike20021969

not sure if this is the place to ask about this as it has nothing at all to do with dvd copying,but there seem to be a lot of people on here with computer knowledge.
i have bought TerraTec PhonoPreAmp iVinyl for copying lp,cassettes etc to pc.
the product is supplied with no drivers as windows xp will automatically install it.
the product will not install on my new pc at all-all that happens is that i get an install new hardware wizard pops up tell me to insert a cd and also let windows connect to the internet to search for the required software/drivers.
this procedure fails every time and with all 3 usb ports i have tried.
yet i plugged it into a port on my old laptop and it installed without problem (the little balloon popped up>found new hardware>>>your new hardware is installed and ready to use).
why can it not find the necessary software on this laptop that i'm using?
both laptops are HP.
i've done extensive searching for a driver for the iVinyl product and absolutely nothing.i contacted terratec and they cant help neither.
is it possible to copy the neccessary software/drivers of the laptop it works on onto this one?where should i look for it if it is possible?this may or may not work.
it is driving me bonkers why it wont install on this laptop,but did install no problem on the other one.
any advice would be welcome.

Last edited:
I would guess that there is another software preventing the drivers from loading.
I.E. Firewall....AV....Anti-Spyware etc.

service pack 2 is installed-it was installed on the new laptop (i still get the occasional update from windows auto updates).
regarding other software preventing the drivers from loading,i did start the pc in 'safe mode' to see if it would install-that didnt help as it didnt work.
if it is some other software stopping the drivers from loading,what would be the best way around this?would disabling everything that starts using msconfig,then restarting the pc and trying again be the answer?suggestions would be great thanks.
(every other usb device i have has installed correctly-camera's,printers,video capture devices).

not sure if this is the place to ask about this as it has nothing at all to do with dvd copying,but there seem to be a lot of people on here with computer knowledge.
i have bought TerraTec PhonoPreAmp iVinyl for copying lp,cassettes etc to pc.
the product is supplied with no drivers as windows xp will automatically install it.
the product will not install on my new pc at all-all that happens is that i get an install new hardware wizard pops up tell me to insert a cd and also let windows connect to the internet to search for the required software/drivers.
this procedure fails every time and with all 3 usb ports i have tried.
yet i plugged it into a port on my old laptop and it installed without problem (the little balloon popped up>found new hardware>>>your new hardware is installed and ready to use).
why can it not find the necessary software on this laptop that i'm using?
both laptops are HP.
i've done extensive searching for a driver for the iVinyl product and absolutely nothing.i contacted terratec and they cant help neither.
is it possible to copy the neccessary software/drivers of the laptop it works on onto this one?where should i look for it if it is possible?this may or may not work.
it is driving me bonkers why it wont install on this laptop,but did install no problem on the other one.
any advice would be welcome.

From the link you provided -

Package Contents

* Phono PreAmp iVinyl
* Cich/RCA cabel
* USB connecting cable
* Quick Setup Guide
* Driver/Software CD
* Registration card
* Service card

Not many people (in the USA) use Terratec items as they are popular in Europe. I have a couple of Terratec items that were installed in systems and one thing to pay particular attention to is the "how" of installing software. One item required software to be installed first before recognizing the hardware and the other was fine with installing drivers at the point where you were with the recognizing hardware and providing the CD.

These were Audio cards with ribbons attached to an imput/output box that takes up a bay in the PC. The differences between the two items was one had softaware RIAA control and the other was firmware/hardware based. These systems are used strictly for bringing vinyl over to the PC (and one was set up to handle 78's with the correct RIAA setting(s)...

Good luck.

Phrehdd

Back