• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Terminator Dark fate issues

I can store 20 Hard drives on my PC, so I buy an external Drive, tear apart the casing extract the Hard drive and put it into one of my hard drives cages in the PC

Oh ok.

It's really not cheaper to buy an internal drive instead?

I might have to get your 800 model, that will pay BDXL up to 100GB unlike the 700?

The exact model is Panasonic DMP-UB900.

It's guaranteed to do what you want...... buuuuut I don't think they make them anymore.

There may be a newer Panasonic model that will accommodate??

T

What is the best Rom drive to burn UHD with ?

I have a LG WH16ns40, I do not think that burns UHD

Your 800 model I just read does not read 100 gb, only up to 66GB in file size

Just read about 128 GB Quadruple Layer, but not a clue what that is.

So now I am looking for the best internal UHD rom drive to burn UHD a player that can play triple or quad layer disks and the full 100GB

Love the challenge of all of this !

Panasonic and playback of burnt disc is a chapter for it's own..
I had one of the newer models and got quickly rid of if. Even the 9004 makes trouble with playback This was posted in the gernan forum and i can confirm it (Tested on the player of a good friend)
This 1000€ /1100$ can be spent for more useful thibgs.

What is the best Rom drive to burn UHD with ?
I'd suggest a Pioneer. Best quality in output. If tested this very often.
The issue is in the layer break of BD DL 50 GB. Asus / LG have problems there. The result is shuttering in playback and drop out in sound.

Your 800 model I just read does not read 100 gb, only up to 66GB in file size

Yeah, I mis-typed but have since edited it to correct.

The model I have is a Panasonic DMP-UB900.

Panasonic and playback of burnt disc is a chapter for it's own..
I had one of the newer models and got quickly rid of if. Even the 9004 makes trouble with playback

My theory is that any newer UHD player has removed 100G BD-R capability to "close up the loophole" and prevent people from playing UHD discs copied to burn-able media.

There may be none around now that do that.

Another possible (though less ideal) solution is to use CloneBD to compress the UHD movie and use 50G BD-R discs.

All my players (Samsung, Sony, Panasonic) will play UHD on 50G. Don't know if they've closed this "loophole" as well in more recent models.

T

Don't know if they've closed this "loophole" as well in more recent models.
They did! The Sony UBP 700 was my choice after selling the Panasonic player.
My experiences in playback of BD 50 can be seen above.

I am repeating myself unnecessarily

What I am looking to do is make copies of UHD 4k movies, some of which can be 80gb in size.

If I am able to burn it to a 100GB media, will today's standalone UHD players be able to play it or only have the 66GB limit I read about.

I also don't want to compress I want 1:1

Thanks and sorry for the confusion

If I am able to burn it to a 100GB media, will today's standalone UHD players be able to play it or only have the 66GB limit I read about.

Most likely for today's players you're lucky if you get them to read even up to 66G.

I think it will be hard (if not impossible) to implement your plan of making UHD backups on BD-XL blanks and use them in a newer model player.

I also don't want to compress I want 1:1

Ok.

And I don't blame you.

But may be the only viable option to play backup UHD discs on a recent player.

My solution to this was to just create UHD .iso's and use JRiver to play them on my Desktop connected to the UHD TV.

Almost as good, and some may say better, than using a stand-alone player to play a disc.

T

Most likely for today's players you're lucky if you get them to read even up to 66G.

I think it will be hard (if not impossible) to implement your plan of making UHD backups on BD-XL blanks and use them in a newer model player.

Ok.

And I don't blame you.

But may be the only viable option to play backup UHD discs on a recent player.

My solution to this was to just create UHD .iso's and use JRiver to play them on my Desktop connected to the UHD TV.

Almost as good, and some may say better, than using a stand-alone player to play a disc.

T

I like your logic.

Can I in theory take my mkvtoolnix lossless rips and via hdmi 2 pipe it to my 4k HDR TV?

I use Media Player Classic, if I had a way to pause and skip with a remote I'd go that way.

I use plex using h264 with a 2k bitrate but there are some movies you really want to enjoy in all its splendor

My Super PC Media box

Attachments

• spmc.JPG
    spmc.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 16
Can I in theory take my mkvtoolnix lossless rips and via hdmi 2 pipe it to my 4k HDR TV?

I'm not familiar with mkvtoolnix but if you're just talking about playing lossless mkv's on your 4k TV, yes!

I use Media Player Classic, if I had a way to pause and skip with a remote I'd go that way.

I use JRiver and PDVD and found my old infrared Windows Media Player remote works perfectly for both - especially for transport functions: Play, Stop, FF, Rew, Stop, Next/Prev Chapter, Pause, etc.

T

Last edited:
Hey again guys, when ripping a UHD that isnt in anydvds database yet, should the iso be made with the keeo protection for blu ray ticked or unticked ?

Learning alot from you guys and again MUCH appreciated

Tried to upload that 3.5MB file to that link ..Got this errorerror.JPG

Should I compress it? Edit, even 2.99MB compressed would not upload..file too big error again

i`m to blame :bowdown: I gave you a wrong advice....

What a mess :banghead: You should extract the OPD from your log like shown on page one.
The OPD will help to support a disc.

Look at page 1 to find the right way :whistle:

I did it and posted this to that link

How do i know when it can be ripped?

TERMINATOR_DARK_FATE -- OPD: BD_5a357b314100

Again thanks guys!!!

Back