• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Temp Install of MakeMKV broke my UHD Drive??

wyliec2

I have an ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 that I've been using with AnyDVD for several years with UHD disks.

I recently did a trial install of MakeMKV to test Dolby Vision processing - I used it to read the ISO output from AnyDVD. I never used MakeMKV to read any discs.

Now when I try to process an UHD disc, I get an error:
"Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!"

I have uninstalled MakeMKV, restarted my PC and reinstalled AnyDVD but I'm still getting this error.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA!!

On edit: This is only occurring with UHD discs in this drive. Standard BD discs still process fine...

It's not fully uninstalled. Make sure it's fully gone.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

It's not fully uninstalled. Make sure it's fully gone.

This is getting frustrating...!!!

I've deleted every file associated with MakeMKV. I've deleted every registry entry related to MakeMKV. I tracked down CdRomArbiterService which was tied to MakeMKV and deleted the service - reboots confirm this service is no longer present..

I'm still getting the same error:

Video Blu-ray label: FORD V FERRARI
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 72
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to follow any leads!!

This is getting frustrating...!!!

I've deleted every file associated with MakeMKV. I've deleted every registry entry related to MakeMKV. I tracked down CdRomArbiterService which was tied to MakeMKV and deleted the service - reboots confirm this service is no longer present..

I'm still getting the same error:

Video Blu-ray label: FORD V FERRARI
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 72
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to follow any leads!!
You could try installing Revo Uninstaller.

But this would involve to install MakeMKV again and than use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall MakeKMV.

Something is hanging around for sure. Post an anydvd log.

On edit: This is only occurring with UHD discs in this drive. Standard BD discs still process fine...
... unless you insert a BD which enforces bus encryption.
Uninstall MakeMKV using Windows' "Apps & Features" or System Control Panel. If MakeMKV is not listed, install it and uninstall it again.
Power down (!) your computer. Reboot may not be enough.

Something is hanging around for sure. Post an anydvd log.

Well, surprisingly it's working OK now - I'm certain that my prior attempt failed with the same error and that no restarts occurred on my machine....

Anyway, I went through a couple of iterations of Create Log and was surprised when AnyDVD didn't error out trying to mount the disc. The earlier failures happened before AnyDVD was ready to perform any action. It would generate the error and then report the drive not ready if I tried any action.

Not sure what leaving my PC sit for 24 hours would do or if doing the Create Log step caused something to be reset.

I'm back up and running! :)

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions....I had the Revo Uninstall page up and ready to download when I saw the reply about getting a log.

I had a similar problem with the same drive. I started getting errors with 4k discs and I thought it was the drive going bad, but the replacement also didn't work. I tried v3.02 of the BIOS without change. When I uninstalled MakeMKV the new drive started working properly. I did not reinstall the old drive.

I have not seen others with the issue until now.

Back