temp folder to small

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Drowned, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Drowned

Drowned Active Member

i was trying to make a back up today and i got a error message saying my folder i have always used is all of a sudden to small.what caused this?how do i fix it so i can still make backups?i reinstalled clone dvd and anydvd but still the same problem.:confused:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. We need the full error message.

2. Check to ensure you have at least 9 gigs of free space on your hard drive.

3. Drowned

Drowned Active Member

it says not enough free space and i have way over the required amount of free space.

4. Webslinger

1. How much free space do you actually have?

2. Follow the instructions here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476
    (ensure in your temporary output link, you are actually selecting your hard drive as opposed to something else)

5. Drowned

Drowned Active Member

its always worked since i installed about a year ago.i have not installed anything on my pc so the space would be the same.how do i find out how much space i have?

6. Webslinger

Go to "My Computer". Check how much "free space" you have on the drive that contains your temporary folder. If it's under 8 or 9 GB, then you have your answer.

7. Drowned

Drowned Active Member

I went into add/delete programs and deleted a program I never used and that cleared up the problem. I did not know I was that short on space. I guess the microsoft update I installed last night (which I forgot I did) is what I think did it.

Thanks

8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

You should always keep at least 10 to 15 gbs of free space on your hdd just for that reason, some programs auto update and will never know it.