• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tell AnyDVD to reconsider Region - Zone

grendizer

Hello
Usually when I insert a DVD or bluray, AnyDVD tries to find what region / zone it is from. When it does not find it, a dialog asks me to specify what region it is.
I live in Region B. When I inserted my Region A Wall-E bluray disc, PowerDVD refused to play it. So I checked AnyDVD's "status" tab and here it said that automatic region detection didn't work. Fine so I have to tell AnyDVD that this is a region A disc.
The question is: how do I tell AnyDVD to reconsider the region and get this dialog in which I can specify the disc region ?
Thanks
Gz

Change it from automatic or region B to "Always Ask". That'll do exactly what that setting says it will. AnyDVD will ALWAYS ask you what the region of a disc is.

Thanks Ch3vr0n but, if I do that and if I eject and re-insert this disk, will it ask me again what region it is? Or is this info recored in some kind of database?
Thanks

It'll ask you again, otherwise it wouldn't be 'always ask' would it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn't express myself correctly. I was wondering if this setting would be for this specific bluray disc or for all discs. Unfortunately it seems to be for all discs. So to avoid the annoying "which region is it?" pop up dialog, here what I did:
- Insert bluray disk
- AnyDVD , in "status" tab, tells me it can't find the region
- In AnyDVD , in "bluray" tab, switch to "ask everytime"
- AnyDVD re-scans the disk . AnyDVD asks me which region is it? I tell him region A
- Power DVD plays the bluray disk
- In AnyDVD , in "bluray" tab, switch to automatic
- AnyDVD re-scans the disk and hopefully it remembers it's a region A disk
- Now all should be fine

- In AnyDVD , in "bluray" tab, switch to automatic
- AnyDVD re-scans the disk and hopefully it remembers it's a region A disk
- Now all should be fine
It does. If you answered the question once, it will remember your answer if you switch back to automatic.

Back