TCSector Reader Error Messages

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by kkhasapes, Dec 10, 2007.

1. kkhasapes

kkhasapes New Member

I have not been able to burn any movies for awhile now. I keep getting error messages. It does not seem to matter which movie I use.
    Here is one of the error messages:
    File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB 1 TCSectorReader
    Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
    c) Click "enable logging".
    d) Click "ok".
    e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
    f) Go to your My Documents folder
    g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG]
    i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    l) click "upload"

3. kkhasapes

kkhasapes New Member

What is an optical drive?

What is an optical drive?

4. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

LOL it is your cd-rom and dvd-rom,

5. kkhasapes

kkhasapes New Member

Error Message Problem

The Nero cd-dvd speed did not find a problem with the DVD. What do I do next? :confused:
    Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

6. kkhasapes

kkhasapes New Member

Thank you!

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

I'm at a loss on this one. Maybe I missed something in the logs but between the status log, your filters and what I see in the log of AnyDVD scanning the disc I see no reason for a problem.

8. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. Upload or post a screenshot of that please.

2. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.1 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6301.exe

Asapiw2k.sys - Used by Pinnacle Studio 9 by Pinnacle systems or VOB Computersysteme GMBH

3. i) Create a backup of your registry
    ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "ASAPIW2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
    iv) Reboot

Whatever program installed that filter will no longer work properly.

4. And if that doesn't work, I'd start looking into a new reader. There is nothing interesting in terms of protection on that disc.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  9. Coaster

Coaster Well-Known Member

10. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Oops! :doh: I missed that one.