TapeandMedia Verbatim BD-RE DL

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by Badnews, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Badnews

Badnews Well-Known Member

Yes i admit a American mistake, I should of posted this. Adbear a blast from the past for over 10 years ago on CDFreaks.

4700 Miles (mi). = 7563.9168 Kilometers (km)

2. ZARTT

ZARTT Well-Known Member

If anyone is still looking for Verbatim BDRE-DL 50 GB blanks part # 097536-203, they are still in stock on AMAZON, but they are $9.00 US apiece plus shipping if you don't use PRIME.
    I purchased 5, and with sales tax, and shipping to my US Zip code, the total was $61.49 US.
    They are also in stock at MEDIAMEGAMALL.com a little cheaper @ $6.29 US apiece, but they get you for shipping.
    Purchasing 5 fro MMM, and sending to my Zip code was $31.45 US + $16.00 shipping + $4.95 small order charge (below 50 bux) for a total of $52.41, and they only accept US based credit cards.
    I hear all good words about these blanks, so it's time to try them.

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Good words indeed. The reason is simple. They use a genuine Verbatim disc identifier (called the MID), VERBAT-IM1-00. This quality wise just as good as the dye they use on their single use recordable discs (BD-R (DL) which uses VERBAT-IMe-000 or VERBAT-IMf-000). These discs are no longer being manufactured by verbatim and have been outsourced to CMC Magnetics which uses a highly inferior recording dye with MID CMCMAG-IM0-00. If you don't have problems burning on them, then you most likely will have problems playing them back on a player.

4. Badnews

There in limited supply, I checked out MMM there down to 10 pcs and Amazon is almost sold out. But I have a office full that I won't even use now that I went full scale 100% original audio/video on MKV and upscaled to 4K , And it all takes less then 5 mins.

5. ZARTT

ZARTT Well-Known Member

The Verbatim BDRE DL 50gb blanks that I ordered have arrived.
    They have the desireable identifier that is referred to earlier in this thread.
    I am going to run some experiments on one of them, but I want to be sure that I have formatted it the proper way.
    Should I use Image Burn, let Win-7 do the format, or look for a third party formatter?
    I don't want to screw things up at the starting gate.
    Thanks in advance.
    Art

6. Badnews

Use ImgBurn to format them, You shouldn't be without ImgBurn on your computer in the 1st place.

In ImgBurn under tools do a full format not a quick format. Then enjoy!

When you want to erase then you can use a quick erase or do not use a erase at all just rewrite over the movie that's already on the disc even if the movie is smaller or larger. Your limited to 46.6GB.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  7. Ch3vr0n

If it's a fresh out of the wrapper rewriteable, you can't do a quick format in imgburn even if you wanted and selected it too. It'll automatically do a full format

8. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I always used to set my new discs formatting without spare areas, let it get to 1% so it's written the disc header then abort, after that I could do a quick format on the disc

9. Ch3vr0n

Without spare areas and full certification is default

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

10. ZARTT

ZARTT Well-Known Member

Hello:
    In an attempt to format my virgin 50 gb BDRE DL blank using Image Burn 2.5.8.0, I find that the drive choice under tools is greyed out.
    There are 11 choices under the tool heading, and both drive, and change are dimmed.
    I eventually used Nero to do the format, it took 90 minutes, and finished successfully.
    This behavior persists with an empty drive, a virgin disc inserted, and a formatted disc inserted.
    It also occurs with a 25 gb BD, and a blank DVD.
    I apologize for discussing a foreign product here, but I see that a couple of experienced posters are online, and I'm really scratching my head.
    Can someone help me scratch it too.
    Art

11. Badnews

Snap1.jpg Snap2.jpg

Drive choice should be on the READ page under source, If not change it with MODE to READ. I never experienced anything like you are. Under source if you have 3 Bluray drives you can change it to use anyone you desire as long as it has a legit drive letter. There are suppose to be 11 options under tools but DRIVE should not be dimmed with or without a blank disc in drive.

Need more info, This is the place.

Code:
    http://www.imgburn.com/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  12. ZARTT

ZARTT Well-Known Member

Thank you Badnews.
    In trying to run the format, I ran into the wall, and stopped, when I tried to select tools, and drive, from very first menu that appears upon starting the utility.
    Like you pointed out, I had to drill deeper, selecting either read or write, with a mode change, to get to the selectable drive choice.
    I love to solve mysteries of my own making, and you were a big help.
    Thanks again buddy.
    Art.

13. Badnews

Go into tools then settings then click on events, "On Startup" change that to READ. Now click on WRITE and put a check mark in "Use Normal" for BD Video discs. Now when you click MODE you can READ, WRITE, Etc. Ez mode picker isn't my startup choice.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  14. Ch3vr0n

As lightning UK ik your topic on imgburn site, when you're in the easy picker mode the drive selection is greyed out. You simply click on any of the 6 buttons, THEN you go to the tools menu and it will work. I usually pick 'explore' for formatting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk