TapeandMedia Verbatim BD-RE DL

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by Badnews, Aug 7, 2017.

1. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

From Tape and Media before the stock sold out.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

So ur the one that prevented badnews from grabbing 4 boxes. You owe him 5 discs!

3. Badnews

Badnews Well-Known Member

He got them quick because he lives in a closer state then I do, I got 5 boxes for me that's enough that's 25 disc's. And you got 2 boxes.

I can still get plenty from other sources but one major problem. GREED. At 12-15$ a disc they will eat them. Then I'll get them on the cheap when there sick of looking at them.

There have been many people reading in here from many U.S. States, South Africa, Australia, Czech Republic, and Europe. The snooze you lose happened. Even if CMC was $1.25 each U.S. funds I would not buy them.

I forgot Italy too :)

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Keep me posted when those prices drop or stock goes low ^^

5. Badnews

Yes, No problem...

6. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Only ordered a couple 5-packs. Just wanted some extras for when my existing ones get worn out.

As they say, "You snooze, you lose." ;-)

7. Badnews

Ha Ha, your right, They should of came in a blue box inside of a cardboard Verbatim box

8. antipodes

antipodes Well-Known Member

No Badnews I am from Australia. I assume that the code markings you provided apply internationally?

9. Badnews

I'll answer that the 2 codes in MSG #53 would apply to the USA, The reason i'm giving you that answer is i'm in the USA 10,000 miles away. What they use in Aussie and for NZ is not known to me.

But if you see those numbers in your area I would believe 99% it's the same stuff...Have a good day I have a baby sitter, I'm just a on looker :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  10. antipodes

antipodes Well-Known Member

Thanks for your prompt response anyway Badnews. Sales of Blu-ray Blanks are not popular here and I have to buy from the distributor and the 10 re-writeable discs I purchased a year or so ago were made by CMC Magnetics. I will have a word with the distributor on Monday to see if there is any chance of availability.

Badnews likes this.
  11. Badnews

Well here is a better answer, Verbatim does not make there BD-RE DL anymore, I know what your going to say but it say's Verbatim on it. That's all true...Verbatim allows CMC to make them...SOOOO to find the ones that were made by Verbatim can be hard unless there is some business that has excess old stock. The CMC does not even compare to the originals. However I think you have EBay there but your going to pay a lot for them. Search other countries that you don't have to go through customs. Again maybe everything outside of AU has to go through customs. Even in the US it's a good luck now and I would not pay what there asking on EBay U.S. either.