• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Taiyo Yuden to cease production

sondeterra

See above in AVS Forum they will be ending production of blank dvd and cd media in December. Email from same posted.

True, but a better one for verbatim hopefully, they will then be the last quality single use recordable media manufacturers that exist.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

It has more to do with the actual disc manufacture and less to do with label, although certain labels can be considered to be "more reliable" because they source their media from given manufactures.

I was quite happy with TDK DVD DL media until without warning, they switched to another manufacture and their media turned to trash. I've seen rumors of Verbatim switching manufactures for their DVD DL media as well, and bad reports about the consequence, so no one label is completely without this problem.

I'm just hoping this isn't a trend due to the use of recordable disc media being on the decline. These labels can cut the cost of making their discs (hoping to sell more), but they really risk losing business when users find the percentage of bad discs on the increase, and leave that label, never to return. The bean counters win (lose for the company) again.

Back