• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Taiyo Yuden Premium 8X DVD-R Media Silver Thermal Lacquer / Best?

Jalabar

There are many Taiyo Yuden type media. There is the the "Taiyo Yuden Premium 8X DVD-R Media Silver Thermal Lacquer [Premium and value line]" and the "White Thermal Hub Printable" and so on.

I want it for just backing up movies. If I buy Taiyo media, whats the best type?

Thx
Jalabar

I'm looking at supermediastore.com and looking at the Premium Taiyo DVD-R list. They come 100 pack , 200 pack and next would be 200 pack with 200 paper sleeves.

It is not until the 200 pack with 200 paper sleeves that I see (Premium Line) In the description. The first two in order do not have "(Premium Line)" in there description.

Am I just reading it with to anal an eye. Or is the premium reserved for buying the bigger amount. Heres the link I was looking at, below.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media.html#buy

LOL. Your right. The first two just do not have it repeated in "( )" in there description. But do say "Taiyo Yuden Premium".

Thx for pointing that out to me. I just get all flustered when it's time for me to pull the trigger on a deal. :doh:

LOL. Your right. The first two just do not have it repeated in "( )" in there description. But do say "Taiyo Yuden Premium".

Thx for pointing that out to me. I just get all flustered when it's time for me to pull the trigger on a deal. :doh:

Oh, I see what you mean. No, those are all premiums. That value line is not held to the same standards as the premium line. And in general the 8x lines seems to be suffering from less bonding issues than the 16x line (according to reports).

Some people are able to burn the 8x premium stuff at 12x without any issues.

Thx Webslinger. I just ordered the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8X Silver Thermal Lacquer Premiums. When I get them, I'll post my results.

Thx Webslinger. I just ordered the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8X Silver Thermal Lacquer Premiums. When I get them, I'll post my results.

Good luck.

You might want to upgrade you burner's firmware by the way (provided the update actually updates something).

Silver Thermal Lacquer or White Inkjet Hub Printable

I'm assuming, after looking more closely at the Taiyo Yuden Premiums, that this means the top part of the disc. The NON-burning side if you will.

Does it matter which? Is one better than the other? Or is it a matter of taste.

Thx
Jalabar

If they say "white inkjet printable" on them, then you're paying more for the capacity to print on the top of the disc using an injket printer. Adding "hub" means you can print all the way to the center of the disc using an inkjet printer.

For example, visit http://pixma.damnmachine.com/

Last edited:
I'm simply using a sharpie to gently write the movie title on the disc and throw in a paper sleeve.

Honestly. What would you buy?

Amazing video. Never saw that before. Nice!

p.s. thx for merging the post. I felt stupid either continuing this or starting yet another post. Moderators help the confused! :agree:

Last edited:
Absolutley. No argument here. Thankyou.

Curious. What top coat would you say Verbatim is?

verbatim.jpg

Absolutley. No argument here. Thankyou.

Curious. What top coat would you say Verbatim is?

verbatim.jpg

I dunno. "Silver, Verbatim branded surface". It only really matters if some special scratch resistant/protective surface or coating is being used. And in this case, I don't see anything overly special with any of the surfaces from the discs mentioned so far in this thread.

Last edited:
Back