System Resources

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by EZHome, Apr 5, 2007.

1. EZHome

EZHome New Member

Initially, running AnyDVD on my media center PC, I was able to rip DVDs, watch TV and record TV all at the same time. Recently however, I am unable to rip a DVD without dealing with some major "stuttering" issues watching TV or listening to CDs. It appears system resources are being hogged.

Anyone have any idea what is occurring to cause this?

2. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

AnyDVD uses a negligable amount of system resources, so I doubt it's involved. Doing a 1-1 rip doesn't use much, but transcoding (Shrinking) a DVD uses a lot.

Look to see what's using what. Do a ctrl/alt/delete to bring up task manager, click the processes tab, and you can see what's using what.

Also - report back how many processes you have running.

-W

3. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

i agree.in task manager,anydvd on mine uses just 9,656K.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  4. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

AnyDVD on mine is using 6,084K - CPU usage 00%
    Totally negligable.

-W

5. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

EZHome,
    Sometimes changing devices to a different IR (interupt request) will help. Especially if several devices are using the same IR. (Edit: before making any changes, check your device documentation to be sure that the device(s) will work on the IR number that you plan to change it to)

But my overall opinion is that you are doing too much multitasking at the same time that your system is ripping 4-8 GB of data.

Best regards,
    Whisperer

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

EZHome.....can you post your system specs?