• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

System Resources

EZHome

Initially, running AnyDVD on my media center PC, I was able to rip DVDs, watch TV and record TV all at the same time. Recently however, I am unable to rip a DVD without dealing with some major "stuttering" issues watching TV or listening to CDs. It appears system resources are being hogged.

Anyone have any idea what is occurring to cause this?

AnyDVD uses a negligable amount of system resources, so I doubt it's involved. Doing a 1-1 rip doesn't use much, but transcoding (Shrinking) a DVD uses a lot.

Look to see what's using what. Do a ctrl/alt/delete to bring up task manager, click the processes tab, and you can see what's using what.

Also - report back how many processes you have running.

-W

AnyDVD on mine is using 6,084K - CPU usage 00%
Totally negligable.

-W

EZHome,
Sometimes changing devices to a different IR (interupt request) will help. Especially if several devices are using the same IR. (Edit: before making any changes, check your device documentation to be sure that the device(s) will work on the IR number that you plan to change it to)

But my overall opinion is that you are doing too much multitasking at the same time that your system is ripping 4-8 GB of data.

Best regards,
Whisperer

Last edited:
Back