• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

system freezes completely at transcoding

-=HSKc=-Robby

Hello!

I previosly posted in the german clonedvd forum, but no one can really help me. May here has some one an idea to help me. Im sorry for my english, whats not really good. ;)

I've got the problem, that my whole system freezes, when CloneDVD is transcoding. Only the reset-button can help. There is no differece where the sources are, dvd-files on the hdd or an original DVD. When i try to shrink these files CloneDVD starts to transcode and after a while: freeze :(

In the german forum the only feetback is, that this must be a termal problem. But the mainborad temperature is about 30°C and the CPU is between 30°C and 40°C. Nothing to see about termal problems...

My system:
Core2Quad Q6600 at ASUS P5E3 Deluxe with 2GB DDR3-Corsair-CM3X1024-1600C7DHX-RAM
HDD: Seagate ST3750640AS and ST3500630AS
DVD: Plextor PX-130A and PX-810SA
operating system: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit with SP1

Does some one know, what the problem could be?

Intel give for the Intel Matrix Storage Manager v7.8.0.1012 a known issue for Windows Vista "Intel® Matrix Storage Console may stop responding during heavy I/O operations". Can this be the problem? My SATA-Bus works not as a RAID but at AHCI-mode.

Last edited:
known issue for Windows Vista "Intel® Matrix Storage Console may stop responding during heavy I/O operations". Can this be the problem? My SATA-Bus works not as a RAID but at AHCI-mode.

That might be the problem (you may be able to set them to function as "IDE" in your motherboard's bios), but let's rule out driver issues first.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.7 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6407.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

4. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

5. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

to 1.
is AnyDVD needed to transcode selfcreated DVD-files? The freezes are also three, when i transcode selfcreated DVD-files, which are too big for a DVD-R. (AnyDVD 6.4.0.4 is installed)

to 3.
CloneDVD 2.9.1.6 beta is allready installed

to 4.
burning with CloneDVD is no problem and works fine. I alway use it to burn selfcreated DVD-files that are small enough for a DVD-R.

to 1.
is AnyDVD needed to transcode selfcreated DVD-files?

No. But I'm asking you to update and post the Anydvd .zip file, so I can check your drivers. So if you want my help do what I ask please.

Do step 1, 2, 4, and especially 5.

Thank you

Sorry, i think i didnt unterstand your first post completely... :bang:

So here is the info-file...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_H_007 - Sag niemals nie.zip
    55.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
That might be the problem (you may be able to set them to function as "IDE" in your motherboard's bios), but let's rule out driver issues first.

Well, unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything that stands out with respect to your drivers.

1) So, I think I would try checking in your motherboard's bios and see if there's another option besides "raid" or "ahci" for your Sata ports. If you have "ide" as an option, give that a try.

2) Also have you tested your memory? Take one stick out. Now try using Clonedvd. Does your system still freeze? Then take the remaining stick out and put the other one back in. Try Clonedvd again.

3) Are you overclocking anything? If so, put everything back to default settings. Now try Clonedvd again.

4) Try defragmenting your hard drives.

5) Try different cables on the back of your drives

6) Maybe you have a bad Sata port on your motherboard. Try moving your cable from your hard drive to a different Sata port on your motherboard.

I just found out what the problem is...

My memory run at the XMP-settings. When i disable the XMP-settings and use the slower BIOS settings, CloneDVD works without any freezes.

Back