Suspected Trojan

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by barnburner, Aug 26, 2009.

1. barnburner

barnburner Well-Known Member

I run Kaspersky and it said I had a trojan from AnyDVD... Is this valid? I know other anti-virus software pick up something every now and then but wanted to make sure mine was ok.

detected: Trojan program Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ahyk File: C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\RgDrvls.exe

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I run KIS as well and can not get this false positive. If you downloaded from slysoft's official server you are fine. Report this to kaspersky and I would update the datbase for viruses too.

3. barnburner

barnburner Well-Known Member

I have been a loyal and paying customer of slysoft since back when they were Island thunder. I only d/l from slysoft's official server.

4. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

If above is true then you have false postive. Tell Kaspersky to fix their software.

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Delete RgDrvls.exe, it isn't needed anymore. (And it isn't a trojan, unless some other malicious program replaced it).

6. kreetom

kreetom Active Member

I think kaspersky is picking up this file becase a lot of rootkits try to install themselves using similar techniques

7. RedFox

RedFox Member

Just an FYI after searching for this file, I just bought, installed, and ran ZoneAlarm's Extreme Security's AV program and it also picked up this file and reported it as a "Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ahyk" trojan and quarantined it.

I saw James message that the file is not needed, and not a trojan, but just wanted to post this ZA-AV detection for reference information.

8. HvnsMessiah

HvnsMessiah Active Member

not to make light of anyones situation - but to even think that slysoft would ever have something like a virus or trojan in their software is just plain ridiculous = if you download directly from slysoft server then Guaranteed you will always have safe and relaible software, your problem lies elsewhere

9. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Also.. please report all false positives to your anti-virus vendor. Slysoft can't fix thier software. you have to inform them.

-W

10. pimpcrapinpeace

pimpcrapinpeace Well-Known Member

Hang on a sec...
    Are you saying that island thunder was just SlySoft with a different name?

Ha! I have never been able to figure out what island thunder was.