• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Surpressing angles --- VOB Blanker?

jpmccusa

Is there some way to surpress a set of angles with VOBBlanker? I want to eliminate Angle 2 to avoid the storyboard version of the film, but using DVDShrink to do it also eliminates the menus and makes it difficult to change audio and subtitles in some DVD players.

Any other (free) suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

There is a program in VobBlanker which does it. Open up del_angles.exe and drop the IFO in it. Choose which one you wish to keep and process it with VobBlanker.

Can't you just choose not to view that particular angle? I don't know of any DVDs which force a particular angle onto me.

I'll give it a try, thanks!

It doesn't force the angle but it does more than double the bytes on the disc, which shrinks it to about 47%.

Ah ok. Fair enough. Make sure you process the DVD with VobBlanker afterwards to get rid of it all.

Um...you kind of lost me

How do I find del_angles.exe ?

I tried doing START > RUN > del_angles.exe but that didn't work.

VOB Blanker says the stuff is interleaved or somesuch.

I tried closing apparently duplicate cells, and the Angle 2 stuff didn't show in the preview, but DVDshrink refused to process it fully, closing down after 99% in the read of the VOB Destination file.

Sorry about my persistent ignorance.

VOB Blanker

is on my desk top. How do I find del_angles.exe ? It doesn't show up in SEARCH > ALL FILES AND FOLDERS > DESKTOP (or in Drives C; D either).

is on my desk top. How do I find del_angles.exe ? It doesn't show up in SEARCH > ALL FILES AND FOLDERS > DESKTOP (or in Drives C; D either).

Well, if you unzipped the full ZIP file it came in you had to have put it somewhere. I would have unzipped it to C:\Program Files\VobBlanker. I can't say where you would put it. In the event it doesn't exist at all then download the ZIP file from the VobBlanker website here which definitely does contain the file.

OK, I've downloaded the zip file

but the change log for the version says that it refuses to run if AnyDVD (or DVD43 or DVDRegionFree) is detected. Is this anything to worry about? I'd hate to lose the current version I have, wherein this isn't a problem...

Thanks again for your help and understanding.

but the change log for the version says that it refuses to run if AnyDVD (or DVD43 or DVDRegionFree) is detected. Is this anything to worry about? I'd hate to lose the current version I have, wherein this isn't a problem...

Thanks again for your help and understanding.

Yes, it does. It detects when AnyDVD is running even if it is disabled. So, rip the disc to your HDD with AnyDVD enabled however it is that you wish to rip it, remove the disc from your DVD drive, then exit AnyDVD, then use VobBlanker, and when you are done using start AnyDVD again. Problem solved.

The author of the program didn't want his program being used as a ripper and after someone who shall not be named mentioned using it as such the checks were added.

Last edited:
OK, thanks very much!

I think I'll end up passing on this...too much to lose!

I think I'll end up passing on this...too much to lose!

What are you losing? All you need to do is temporarily exit AnyDVD until you are done with the work you need VobBlanker to do.

Anyway, it's up to you. I use VobBlanker all the time.

It also says...

It also says on the site that it won't let you work with protected discs. Thus, I'd have to rip a disc with AnyDVD enabled, THEN exit AnyDVD, THEN do a VOBblanker on the file, THEN go to DVDshrink and create the new file for going to ImgBurn. At the moment, I just have to insert the disc, open it and do the VOBblanker on it, process, and go to Shrink. There's a whole extra rip required with the new setup, if I read correctly.

Oh, and I tried the angle blanker from the zip file without installing the new VOBblanker...it didn't work, refusing to perform the process. I presume this is because I'm using the earlier Beta??? Or maybe it just won't handle interleaved angle items???

It also says on the site that it won't let you work with protected discs. Thus, I'd have to rip a disc with AnyDVD enabled, THEN exit AnyDVD, THEN do a VOBblanker on the file, THEN go to DVDshrink and create the new file for going to ImgBurn.

Yeah, I thought that's what I said above...

At the moment, I just have to insert the disc, open it and do the VOBblanker on it, process, and go to Shrink. There's a whole extra rip required with the new setup, if I read correctly.

I honestly wouldn't recommend using VobBlanker as a ripper which it seems you do. I assume when you do your work on the disc you are saving to a folder on your HDD? If there is a read error during the process you won't get a notification and your backup will be flawed. I was experimenting once and had this happen. You can do it this way if you want but I just think there are better ways to rip a disc.

I rip the disc to my HDD with CloneDVD, process with VobBlanker if anything needs to be removed that CloneDVD can't, compress with DVD Rebuilder Pro if needed, then burn.

Oh, and I tried the angle blanker from the zip file without installing the new VOBblanker...it didn't work, refusing to perform the process. I presume this is because I'm using the earlier Beta??? Or maybe it just won't handle interleaved angle items???

I have no answer about this issue. I honestly don't know the answer since I've never actually used del_angles.exe.

Thanks again for the help.

No, I don't use VOB Blanker as a ripper, just when I want to remove stuff from a film while preserving the menus...once a month, if that. For ripping, it depends on the original disc: if it fits on a DVD5, I use Sonic Digital Media, and if not, I use DVDshrink.

All the best, and keep up the good work!

:/

Just extract the new files to another directory and process the DVD on your hard drive with the new VobBlanker and del_angles.

Back