• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Surf's Up on Blu-ray

muzicman82

Has anyone gotten this disc to just play, with or without AnyDVD HD? I'm using PowerDVD 3319 and it shows a black screen. I tried Nero Show Time 4.10 (Nero 8), but it says there's no supported disc in the drive.

This is highly annoying. There's almost no point in buying new release HD movies on Tuesdays, since the chances are that software can't play them yet.

You'd think studios would allow software vendors a head start at implementing new copy protection and keys.

After updating powerdvd - It Plays

Hi all -

After bitching to cyberlink support, they sent me a link for a new version of PowerDVD Ultra.

It does play Surf's Up, both on xp and vista; with a caveat-- I've got to disable Anydvd HD. If you enable anydvd hd, you get a message "You must update your player Software".

And if you click yes/ok, this then breaks PowerDVD Ultra. Only happens with Bluray, not HD DVD.

Seems like a "sucker punch".

PS with new PowerDVD installed, you don't see a message about Key Revoked from Anydvd HD. And you can rip to Hard Disk.

Do you have to actually uncheck the Enable AnyDVD option or can you just not start AnyDVD? I usually only start it when I want it on. I have Autostart off also.

Hi all -

After bitching to cyberlink support, they sent me a link for a new version of PowerDVD Ultra.

It does play Surf's Up, both on xp and vista; with a caveat-- I've got to disable Anydvd HD. If you enable anydvd hd, you get a message "You must update your player Software".

And if you click yes/ok, this then breaks PowerDVD Ultra. Only happens with Bluray, not HD DVD.

PS with new PowerDVD installed, you don't see a message about Key Revoked from Anydvd HD. And you can rip to Hard Disk.

I have the latest PowerDVD 3319 and it still won't rip

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0E FEB23 ,2007BRF2
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 21721440 sectors (42424 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: SURFSUP
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to send host key!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Hi all -

So you are saying once you istalled the new version of powerdvd you were able to rip the blu ray disc of Surf's Up?

Well my PowerDVD is the latest build, from the full installer 3319a, and it definately gives the AACS problem. Mine also plays fine whether I have Anydvd HD running or not

Last edited:
Ok, so it still won't play after disabling AnyDVD completely. I checked for the latest version of PowerDVD and it says I have the latest. Is there a link to check the latest version number??

Also, when I go to About in PowerDVD, it just says "PowerDVD Version 7.3(Ultra)" and "SR Number: DVD070813-02". Where do I find this version number like 3319a?

Right clicking on the EXE and hitting the details tab shows 7.3.3304.0. I guess this answers my question, but why doesn't the update check OR the web version tell me there's an update available.

This is highly annoying.

In poweredvd, right click and then go to 'about'
then left click on your name in the 'Licensed to' section and it'll bring up a list of details, DVD Version 7.3.3319a.0 and in the UI section it should say 3304_TaRe30(Ultra)

it gets to menu

I got the latest build from slysoft support, now I can get to the Surfs up menu, but I can't click any of the buttons to play the movie. If I click next chapter it says prohibited. Any ideas?

Back