• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Super weird problem

Shujin

I could not have made this problem up even with my imagination. I use a Del XPS 720, Intel Core2 Cpu 3600 @ 1.86 GHz 1.87GHz w/8 GB Ram, AnyDvd 7.0.2.0 and CloneDVD2 2.9.3.0. I am using Maxell DVD+R 4.7-16X blanks.

I have been using this setup for about 3 years with no software problems. Last week CloneDVD2 began this weird behavior.
1) When it is fnished copying the original disc to the hard drive and asks for the blank I insert new MaxellDVD+R
2) It shows it is copying the diles onto the blank. Everything normal so far.
3) It says it has completed the copy. I reject the disc as requested
4) I reload the disc witout removing it from the tray
5) The Directory shows no titles on the DVD and any attempt to find anything on the disc is futile. It acts as a blank disc even on a DVD player or other computer.
6) I place another blank disc from the same stack of blanks make a second copy from the initial hard drive files.
7) This time it works fine has Disc title in the Directory and plays in Player adn all computer drives.
8) I have not been able to copy any discs on the first copy now for over 1.5 weeks (about 15 discs). All my computers have the same problem (2 desktops and 3 laptops) so that should rule out hardware issues. The stack of blanks are not bad since every second one works fine. The copies that do not work, can not be reused as a blank (CloneDVD2 will not recognize it as my other computers).
Any Ideas (besides commiting me to an asylum?

sounds like a batch of bad blanks, and considering you're using Maxell stuff it doesnt surprise me. Get a batch of Verbatim DVD+R and you probably won't ever see that issue again

Thanks, I took random blanks from two stacks (unfortunately both stacks are Maxell) and they consistantly errored every other disc. What are the odds of that happening... I will try a new batch of other than Maxell and hope.
Thanks again

Never a software problem

A successful burn and a copy with playing problems either on or off the PC is never a burning software issue regardless of the copy product used.

This is always an environmental issue.

1. Your burner has taken a dislike to the blanks you are using,
2. Its efficiency has degraded
3. you burned at too high a speed for 1 and/or 2
4. In some rare occasions an anti-virus product may interfere

Try setting the "preferred speed" on the output method panel to 4x.
That usually will work.

For other products look to see how to lower the burning speed.

Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus is known to cause erratic writing.

Back