• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Super weird experience downloading from Prime

I have seen a few episodes of Breaking Bad. I Dream of Jeanie is funny and Dallas was a very popular show all over the world . I remember an older comedy movie with Larry Hagman and some other stars in it called The Big Bus. I don't think you can stream it right now; I thought that movie was hilarious.
It's actually available on AP (Amazon Prime) right now, and you can get the DVD for about $11.95 US.

Thanks for telling me about it, I'm either going to get the DVD or buy it on AP next week.

As a few have already stated, the issue here is music rights. It was VERY common in the pre-streaming era to produce shows with licensing only for broadcast and DVD sales, and only for a limited period of time. When those rights expire, they must be renewed before a show can be redistributed, and new rights have to be obtained for streaming purposes. When a production uses a commercially released album, especially a popular one, the cost to obtain those rights can be ENORMOUS. This means either the show can't be released for streaming, or they have to replace music tracks with production music or less costly alternatives. This is why you often hear music that mimics a popular song or theme but does not match it completely. You hear this all the time on shows trying to evoke a mood with James Bond's theme or the opening theme to Mission Impossible. A lot of this music is cheesy but cheap.

These decisions are made by the studio or network that is offering the show for streaming, not by the streaming provider.

As a few have already stated, the issue here is music rights. It was VERY common in the pre-streaming era to produce shows with licensing only for broadcast and DVD sales, and only for a limited period of time. When those rights expire, they must be renewed before a show can be redistributed, and new rights have to be obtained for streaming purposes. When a production uses a commercially released album, especially a popular one, the cost to obtain those rights can be ENORMOUS. This means either the show can't be released for streaming, or they have to replace music tracks with production music or less costly alternatives. This is why you often hear music that mimics a popular song or theme but does not match it completely. You hear this all the time on shows trying to evoke a mood with James Bond's theme or the opening theme to Mission Impossible. A lot of this music is cheesy but cheap.

These decisions are made by the studio or network that is offering the show for streaming, not by the streaming provider.
Interesting stuff Phil.:)

I have seen a few episodes of Breaking Bad. I Dream of Jeanie is funny and Dallas was a very popular show all over the world . I remember an older comedy movie with Larry Hagman and some other stars in it called The Big Bus. I don't think you can stream it right now; I thought that movie was hilarious.
I finally picked up "The Big Bus" as a DVD via Amazon (US) back on September 30th. I've been busy with some school work, but I'll probably watch it this weekend and let you know how it went.

(y)

Back