• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Super Slow Ripping

On a side note, obviously PIO is the wrong mode but other than DMA does anyone know if it should be ULTRA PIO or UDMA?

On a side note, obviously PIO is the wrong mode but other than DMA does anyone know if it should be ULTRA PIO or UDMA?

The fastest PIO mode is older, & slower then the oldest, & slowest DMA mode

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/PIO.html

PIO Mode Data Transfer Rate (MB/ps) Standard

0 3.3 mb/s ATA
1 5.2 mb/s ATA
2 8.3 mb/s ATA
3 11.1 mb/s ATA-2
4 16.6 mb/s ATA-2

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/modesUDMA-c.html

Ultra DMA Mode
Maximum Transfer Rate (MB/ps)

Mode 0 16.7 MB/ps ATA/ATAPI-4
Mode 1 25.0 MB/ps ATA/ATAPI-4
Mode 2 33.3 MB/ps ATA/ATAPI-4
Mode 3 44.4 MB/ps ATA/ATAPI-5
Mode 4 66.7 MB/ps ATA/ATAPI-5
Mode 5 100.0 MB/ps ATA/ATAPI-6?

btw the LG GGW-h20L Multi Drive is UDMA 4, & I max out @ 18.65 MB/ps when ripping Blu Ray, it is simular to the situation w/ sata interface being capable of 300 MB/ps (burst), but you are not going to get over 100 MB/ps sustained transfer rate in the real world

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Wow thanks ocgw!

So in my bios, should I set it to Max UDMA? Currently its set to Ultra DMA. I guess Max would be the faster of the two choices.

Thanks again

Wow thanks ocgw!

So in my bios, should I set it to Max UDMA? Currently its set to Ultra DMA. I guess Max would be the faster of the two choices.

Thanks again

Absolutely, set your BIOS to the highest tranfer rate that it will allow, make sure you go to your mobo manufacturer's website, & have the latest BIOS, & mobo chipset drivers

ocgw

peace

Back