• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Super 8 Could not read from disk error

bluelake

I have tried to make a backup copy of the movie Super 8. AnyDVD scans the disk, I insert a new disk into my DVD player and try to burn using Ashampoo Burning Studio 10-- which I've never had a problem with.

No progress is made for about one minute and then I receive an error, "Reading not completed. Could not read from disk. (Sector 1926). The original DVD is new. I have played it in both my standard entertainment center DVD player and both DVD burners/writers on my PC and it views with no problems. I tried to make the back-up copy with both of my DVD players/recorders with the same error. It doesn't appear to be the hardware or the disk.

I have attached the log. Any help would be appreciated.

i made a copy of this movie and watched it tonight and worked great , i used

ANYDvd 6.8.8.6 and the Clonedvd 2.9.3.0 did not try to shrink just made a

exact copy. Only thing i ever remove is subtitles i hate them lol. GL

Last edited:
Proof please

I'd like to see a zip log from AnyDVD from the source disc you used and the copy as well. Thanks.

This is the Proof

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem with Super 8.
I put the zip file here

Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.6_Info_F_SUPER_8.zip
    593.4 KB · Views: 18
For what it is worth, I had no problems with this disk. Here is my log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.6_Info_E_SUPER_8.zip
    261.6 KB · Views: 8
That's great, but ....

For what it is worth, I had no problems with this disk. Here is my log file.

OK, great, but can we see the log for the copy made from this source?
Thanks

No problem Frank, here ya go. ;)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.6_Info_E_SUPER_8.zip
    70.9 KB · Views: 34
AnyDVD , newest version
Win7 , only Avira v12 protection loaded. lean system.
region 1
super 8
,disc is zero scratched
no crc's
prescans ok
RC TBar icon rip to hdd.
get 51% point this error.

FileIO 3VTS_07.1.vob 3873110016 376832

thanks for looking.

DVD drive burner
is NEC ND3550A

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.0_Info_D_SUPER_8.zip
    571.8 KB · Views: 1
File IO3 is a permanent read error often cause by a faulty/dirty/defective disc and/or drive. However there are no read errors present in your logfile. How exactly are you ripping and to what? folder strucutre or iso?

sorry for the trouble, yes rip to hdd, temp folder. 50gb free
i finallybroke down and ran the disc thru 2 laps on my fancy disc polisher.
tried again. and it ripped; (after 4 failed before tries)

never seen, ever a disc , that looked so perfect (mirror perfect) that would fail.
learning point for me. usually i never expect them to rip, due to scratches.
thanks for the help !!!!!!

super product, great log files too. life member.

Read, then post ...

AnyDVD , newest version
Win7 , only Avira v12 protection loaded. lean system.
region 1
super 8
,disc is zero scratched
FileIO 3VTS_07.1.vob 3873110016 376832

When you want to add to a thread it's wise to look first and read.

#3 and # 7 would have told you it isn't/can't be AnyDVD. :D

I was just about to make a thread about this disc, seems some has beaten me to it.

I too am getting an error with this disc. Thinking it may have been an error with the disc after cleaning it I got a second disc. Same issue, an error at the exact same spot at 3% when reading.

I do believe it may be a result of a new copy protection on the disc.
Found this info on the matter.

Edit:
ok, just updated to the 6.8.8.6 beta and still getting the same error. I should also note that I am using the AnyDVD "Rip to Image" function.

Last edited:
@Craker

Not sure just yet if you are a spammer, but please read the rules and don't post links to competitors like the one that I've just removed from your post.

Super 8

I have a Vidabox media server and downloaded the beta 6.8.8.6 version of AnyDVDHD. When I try to archive Super 8 it gives me the folowing error, "Windows Media canot detect a Video DVD." The disc is brand new and has no scratches. PLEASE HELP!!

Fixed

Disregard my post. I restarted the system after downloading the latest Beta version and all is fine.

Back