• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Title: Sunset Song

Region code: It says region “B” on the back of Blu-ray case and on the Blu-ray disc, and in the AnyDVD HD "Status" window it says “Determined region(s): B.”.

Distributor: Metrodome.

Blu-ray movie release date: 4 April 2016

Issue(s) in detail:

1) The initial AnyDVD HD Blu-ray disc scan took much longer than usual, and after completion of this longish scan, the AnyDVD HD "Status" report included a line that said something like "removed Sony structural protection [?]".

2) Every time I would try and play the Blu-ray disc after this initial scan, using CyberLink PowerDVD 15 Ultra, the Blu-ray disc would first load the distributor's copyright warning screen, followed by the the anti-piracy greeting, and then PowerDVD 15 Ultra would freeze and then crash.

3) After selecting "Create logfile" from the AnyDVD HD “right-click” menu, AnyDVD HD promptly initiated another scan of the Blu-ray disc, which also took considerably longer to complete than expected.

4) After completion of this second scan, and the creation of the logfile, the AnyDVD HD "Status" window reported the following:

"Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.2.0, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)

MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ272 S 1.00 130628

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 18839488 sectors (36795 MBytes)

Video Blu-ray label: SUNSET SONG

Media is AACS protected!

Drive supports bus encryption!

AACS MKB version 58

Removed AACS copy protection!

Determined region(s): B

Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!

Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!

BD-Live deactivated!

Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region B!

Removed UOPs!"

Please note: The report in the AnyDVD HD "Status" window after the second scan was different from the report after the initial scan i.e., there was no longer any reference to "removed Sony structural protection [?]", or whatever, in the report.

5) Because the second scan reported a different set of results, I attempted to play the BD on my PC again, using CyberLink PowerDVD 15 Ultra again, and this time the Blu-ray disc appeared to load normally, all the way to the Blu-ray disc’s main menu screen.

6) When I attempt to play the film using the “Play Film” option on the main menu, however, the Blu-ray disc loads a four-second-long distributor logo screen, followed by a one-minute-long Black screen with the following notification: “Copy detected (or a rip tool is running if you are trying to watch this movie on your PC).”, after which the Blu-ray disc promptly returns to main menu screen, with the main feature remaining inaccessible.

7) Lastly, if I use the "Play 'Main feature'" option in Clone BD to watch this Blu-ray movie, the movie audio appears to play normally, but NO video is viewable in the player, unless or until I enable "full-screen" mode.

P.S. I've attached an AnyDVD HD logfile to post.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_E_SUNSET SONG.ziplog
    2 MB · Views: 3
Disc is fixed, OPD updated, please try again.

OK, tried the disc again, and it now works perfectly with PowerDVD 15 Ultra.

Thank you.

I've got another BD with a similar issue, so will post another thread...

Back