• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Suggestion to integrate subtitles

fady1232003

First of all, the app is amazing and unique But this feature is missing
Suggestion to integrate subtitles directly on the video

First of all, the app is amazing and unique But this feature is missing
Suggestion to integrate subtitles directly on the video
It's not missing, go into settings and select .srt subtitles. Then when they are downloaded pick forced.

pro tip: you definitely do not, i repeat do not want to burn subtitles from AP (and channels) and H(ulu) directly in the video file itself. subtitles from AP and H(ulu) are more often than not a pure _hitshow: intermittent out of sync issues within an episode, lines missing, dialogue on one line, capitalization of names missing, lines with three rows of text that could easily fit in two lines etc... so, external subtitles are the way to go. at least one can use subtitledit and correct them (i do with every single subtitle i get from AP and H).

N(etflix) and D(isney) are way better when it comes to subtitles, but even they have hearing impaired stuff, so cleaning up subtitles is needed there too.

What you're asking for requires transcoding. That's not what AnyStream does.

Hardsubs do, but the mp4 container does support integrated soft-subs in the ttxt format, including forced subtitles. Given a player that implements the mp4 spec properly, OP wouldn't know the difference.

Hardsubs do, but the mp4 container does support integrated soft-subs in the ttxt format, including forced subtitles. Given a player that implements the mp4 spec properly, OP wouldn't know the difference.

Sure, but that's not what he's asking for.

True, but he's asking something that is impossible (for the moment). Anystream is a downloader, hardcoded subtitles in video requires video encoding and that's simply not something Anystream can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

True, but he's asking something that is impossible (for the moment). Anystream is a downloader, hardcoded subtitles in video requires video encoding and that's simply not something Anystream can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I believe that's what I said.

Sure, but that's not what he's asking for.
Well, OP said "integrate subtitles directly on the video", that doesn't necessarily mean hardsubs. It could mean adding a subtitle track to the mp4 file.

And besides, "If a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?" There should be basically no way to tell the difference between hard subs and forced soft subs integrated into the container.

Well, OP said "integrate subtitles directly on the video", that doesn't necessarily mean hardsubs. It could mean adding a subtitle track to the mp4 file.

And besides, "If a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?" There should be basically no way to tell the difference between hard subs and forced soft subs integrated into the container.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. The OP made it clear what he wants in his 2nd comment.

Back