• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Suggestion] More visually different message for automatically aborted downloads

Woodbuilder

When a download is aborted automatically, the message shows this as a standard Informational message and even says "Download completed" in the window title.
This may be fine when I requested the download to be aborted by clicking a button but the message also appears in this style when there was an error downloading the complete file because of an unsteady network connection. I accidentally clicked it away as if I got a complete file more than once and wondered about the missing content when I actually started to watch the episode.

So I'd suggest a different icon that warns me that the shown window is not because of a default behavior. I currently keep the notification window on "Download completed successfully" enabled because this normally means I can download the next episode and it reshows me the title of the just downloaded episode.

So just because a window is shown doesn't mean it's an exceptional state.

------------------

After reading a recent feature request, I like that one even more: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/feature-request-rename-file-on-failed-aborted-download.82720/ - when the filename shows that a download was aborted, I wouldn't need any other hints anymore.

Attachments

• download_aborted.png
    download_aborted.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back