• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Suggestion - Keep thumnails in Cache

DeepSpace

It seems that AS deletes the thumnails/ cover when closing the downloadables dialog (on Amz, not sure about NF) and downloading them again when reopening the dialog.

I tried it a few times and after reopening the dialog the thumnails where gone with Loading Artwort... message in place of them.

If I'm right, could it be possible to make a cache and only delete the thumnails when closing AS or do it manually? Because there are big seasons and it is not possible to download them in one run. In this case it is better to delete them manually when I'm done with the season.

It is mainly a concern on Amz jp, bc I have to use VPN there and sometimes the thumnails are loading for a time. But also on Amz without a VPN.

None of the artwork items is ever downloaded unless it has to be shown. Otherwise in certain cases it may lead to a tremendous waste of memory (at least).

unless it has to be shown
I know that but when I REopen the downloadables dialog it seems to download them again.
Why not keep them unless I'm done with this season? Especially when I use a VPN and it takes some seconds to download them.
Of course it can take a huge amount of memory when saving all images, but I'm only talking about the current season. And after I leave the page from that season or close AS, they can be deletet.
(And I don't think there should be a memory problem with some small thumbnails when I have enough space to download the entire season).

I see. Well, I do not say it's not an option, but it may be a cumbersome process (merely due to the differences in implementations of different providers). Anyway, if it's not a show-stopper (which I personally believe it is not) it will be taken care a bit later. I added this to my list.
And I don't think there should be a memory problem with some small thumbnails when I have enough space to download the entire season
I was referring to RAM, rather than persistent storage on disk.

it will be taken care a bit later
This is absolutely ok, I was mainly curious to talk about it. And no, it is no show-stopper at all, only a bit annoying when I use (slow) VPN.

I was referring to RAM
I already thought that too, but I also think that RAM should be not a big problem nowadays.
Anyway, there could be a button to clean the Temp when a user needs more space or to switch it off entirely if someone don't care about this at all.

Back