• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Suggestion for Next Hotfix

Splintercell

Since Amazon Prime downloading is currently down and a hotfix is in the works.......I have a suggested feature:

This may not be possible, but can you please look into this?

After the download completes, have the video play once in the end credits for 1 second. This tricks Amazon to show the progress bar all the way to the end giving the appearance the entire video was played (instead of only the first 20 minutes). If you fail to do this then the progress bar appears to only show the first 20 minutes of the movie/TV show was played/viewed.

Since this program is wide-scale with many users, my method mentioned above may prevent Amazon from being suspicious of accounts showing only 20 minutes view time for ALL TV shows + movies downloaded.

If Amazon has a method to detect only 20 minutes view time and they ignore the "viewed progress bar", then my method is pointless and you can ignore my above suggestion.

Thanks for your consideration.

For me personally, that's a hard no. Ignoring the fact that AS doesn't have a built-in player and they'd have to build one or add support for third party ones, having a video player popup up (especially third party ones) could potentially have users think they have malware on their system when things go flashing open they don't expect.

Valid point. Just thought I would throw the suggestion out there because Amazon may start catching on to this approx. 20 minute view time all over the place on certain accounts. They may not be able to detect this, I'm just guessing and saying that it may look suspicious to them. I'm sure the devs already thought about this, just wanted to point this out incase they did not notice this for some reason.

You can change the download speed. Even during the download.

I've seen mixed posts on this in a different thread. Being one from DEV, there's no loss in quality or audio by doing that? I would think it's just a file and would be an exact copy, but I am no expert on how this works. I saw a couple of people arguing mixed results if you upped the speed...

No quality whatsoever. AnyStream is a direct downloader, not an encoder. It grabs whatever is on the provider's CDN, at whatever speed you set it too. Whether thats the slowest possible or the fastest possible. The quality will be identical (provided you choose the same resolution off course)

If Amazon has a method to detect only 20 minutes view time and they ignore the "viewed progress bar", then my method is pointless and you can ignore my above suggestion.

Hi Splintercell,

That's a clever idea...

I've noticed this as well in my watch history. I just go into Watch History and clear them out from there. It's unfortunate they don't have a DELETE ALL.

Login to your account and go to Prime > Home. Select your viewing profile. Click the Gear icon > to the right and select Settings > Watch History tab and delete at your hearts content...

You can even do this right within AS since you're already logged in and on the right page.

upload_2021-5-12_20-35-31.png

Just so that you're aware, its not a specific amount of time such as 20 mins, that the video appears to have been viewed. I download at unlimited speed in AS and most files complete within 5 mins or less. Those videos appear to only have been viewed for 5 mins on my end. I would guess that this correlates to the actual amount of time it takes to download the file. It is indeed a pattern that can be noticed. It's been discussed here before.

Back