• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

suggested settings for 60hz hdtv, PAL playback

dabl

I have a Samsung HL-R6167 hdtv which can only scan at 60Hz.

What are the suggested settings to use for the (Media infos section) video stream: pulldown and the (Media Adaptation section) Speed: pulldown choices?

Would these change for playback of PAL dvd sources?

On a related note if all I want to do is play a PAL DVD using the aforementioned NTSC TV as a display device and get correct pitch audio do I simply use the default settings (change nothing) and check the 'PAL SpeedDown' box in the 'sound adaptation' section of the ReClock Properties?
Else please advise.

thanks,

--Don

I have a Samsung HL-R6167 hdtv which can only scan at 60Hz.

What are the suggested settings to use for the (Media infos section) video stream: pulldown and the (Media Adaptation section) Speed: pulldown choices?

Would these change for playback of PAL dvd sources?

On a related note if all I want to do is play a PAL DVD using the aforementioned NTSC TV as a display device and get correct pitch audio do I simply use the default settings (change nothing) and check the 'PAL SpeedDown' box in the 'sound adaptation' section of the ReClock Properties?
Almost. Use default settings and set the "PAL Speeddown" box in media adaptation. Leave the other "PAL Speeddown" box unchecked (otherwise you'll have a media speeddown *and* a pitch adjustment). Much better sound, playback speed will be correct (24fps) and this will play smoother on 60Hz displays. Enjoy. ;)

Back