• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Suggested portable USB bluray players

rediranch

Hi, thanks in advance for any help the group can offer.

I just had the unfortunate realization that the Dell Alienware laptop I got with BD has a player that is an RPC2 and has a problem with all the Slysoft products (MATSHITA DVDRWBD UJ167AM and can't find a firmware update).

That leaves me with (1) trying to convince Dell to take it back due to not working with my favorite software or (2) buying an external BD player so that I can burn my bluray disks for my WD cloud for streaming purposes.

In the past I've had a hard enough time communicating with Dell support on obvious issues, which leads me to believe that option 2 is the way to go (and I do like the rest of the setup of this Alienware).

So....can anyone make suggestions of manufacturers and/or models of external USB BD players that work well with CloneBD?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks in advance for any help the group can offer.

I just had the unfortunate realization that the Dell Alienware laptop I got with BD has a player that is an RPC2 and has a problem with all the Slysoft products (MATSHITA DVDRWBD UJ167AM and can't find a firmware update).

That leaves me with (1) trying to convince Dell to take it back due to not working with my favorite software or (2) buying an external BD player so that I can burn my bluray disks for my WD cloud for streaming purposes.

In the past I've had a hard enough time communicating with Dell support on obvious issues, which leads me to believe that option 2 is the way to go (and I do like the rest of the setup of this Alienware).

So....can anyone make suggestions of manufacturers and/or models of external USB BD players that work well with CloneBD?

Most people on here like LG (I have an old one, and it works for me just fine).
Pioneer is another one that is a quality brand that you can use.

I use a slimline Pioneer external, works great with my laptop

Wrong section, hardware drives is down the road. https://forum.slysoft.com/forums/cd-dvd-bd-drives.25/

That said, i'm a "fanboi" of LG too though i have never used external optical drives from anyone. I've always been an internal drive guy, and i don't use out-of-region discs to have an issue with my laptop's matshita drive.

Back