• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Suddenly a new problem ..ADVD Locks up

@ ditrina,

Are you certain that this particular Men In Black II DVD movie disk is a USofA release?

All USofA released original Commercial DVD Movie Titles are at least coded as Region 1. This is a MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) requirement.

In seeing that Men In Black II is a Columbia Picture/Sony Picture release I seriously doubt that Sony Pictures somehow forgot to Region Code one of their USofA Sony Pictures releases.

Most of the “Region Free” Commercial DVD Movie Titles I have seen are manufactured in China. A China manufactured DVD Movie disk quality would be suspect and might be the cause of your problem. Through eBay I have purchased DVD Movie disk that were manufactured in China and had difficulties in making a backup copy of these China manufactured DVD Movie disk.

Regards,
Coaster

@ ditrina,

Are you certain that this particular Men In Black II DVD movie disk is a USofA release?

All USofA released original Commercial DVD Movie Titles are at least coded as Region 1. This is a MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) requirement.

In seeing that Men In Black II is a Columbia Picture/Sony Picture release I seriously doubt that Sony Pictures somehow forgot to Region Code one of their USofA Sony Pictures releases.

Most of the “Region Free” Commercial DVD Movie Titles I have seen are manufactured in China. A China manufactured DVD Movie disk quality would be suspect and might be the cause of your problem. Through eBay I have purchased DVD Movie disk that were manufactured in China and had difficulties in making a backup copy of these China manufactured DVD Movie disk.

Regards,
Coaster
Coaster..
Thanks for the reply..however all my purchases are made at either Target, Costco, Sam's Club.. Kmart..Really nothing out of the ordinary..
At 60, I'm too old ( and wise )to fool with knock offs. or blind purchases on Ebay.. however I'm gonna pull at random 5 original movies and check the region reading.. I'll let you know..
Thanks for the input

Here is the readout from Men In Black II

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.4)
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B 0S24 0BSCA04/07/28
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1640864 sectors (3204 MBytes)
Total size: 3226496 sectors (6301 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Here is the readout from Men In Black II

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.4)
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B 0S24 0BSCA04/07/28
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1640864 sectors (3204 MBytes)
Total size: 3226496 sectors (6301 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Possibly "import" from China through Wal Mart/ Target??

Does not make any sense

Back