• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Subtitles Tom

Don Powell

How to get subtitles for Prime Series Jack Ryan. See attached ASTLOG file. I selected all English subtitles and not able to play any subtitles using Plex. Thank you.

Attachments

• Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan S01E06 - Sources and Methods.astlog
    7 MB · Views: 4
I got all the forced subs from Prime. I cant guide you with Plex. I don't use it.

The subtitles downloaded just fine for me also. (I use the SRT file option.) Each episode includes a primary subtitle track. Episodes 1, 4 and 7 include a forced subtitle track as well. Have no idea what's required for subtitles to be successfully displayed in Plex. Perhaps a Plex related forum could be of more help. I author all my AnyStream content to Blu-ray so. When authoring to Blu-ray I created a rule when going to play a given episode. The rule states: If the primary subtitle track is turned on do nothing. If the primary subtitle track is turned off enable the forced subtitle track if present. Watched the first couple episodes last night. No issues and the subtitles looked great. (The Blu-ray format requires image based subtitles, i.e. SUP files. I convert SRT to SUP using SubtitleEdit. As a result, I get to choose all the characteristics of the font used in addition to the positioning of course. Always makes for a great looking presentation.)

From the log it appears that you got them, so I would say it just can't play them. Do as Lowpro said and try to convert them to SUP files. I cannot help you here as I only use subs on my PC.

Often discussed topic... Although the subtitles are named "forced", AnyStream does not mark them as forced (can be confirmed with MediaInfo).
You have to manually enable the forced subtitles in Plex.
OR... Remux the Videos with the correct forced-flag

Back