• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue SUbtitles issue using1.5.2.3 Trial

Gave it another go and still no embedded subtitles, hopfully you all can continue to marshal me through, thanks!
Then there are no embedded subs for that particular film, maybe if I was in front of your computer I could see what you are doing. Please upload a regular logfile complete and whole as you did in post number 1. The screenshot shows me you have to correct the setting. This one movie may not have embedded subs. Yes English CC is the .srt file you have successfully done.

Gave it another go and still no embedded subtitles, hopfully you all can continue to marshal me through, thanks!
Not all players can play embedded subtitles. This seems the case since you have a recurring problem with it.
Set your settings as suggested to download a separate srt file.
Combine the resulting video and srt file with mkvtoolnix and the resulting mkv file should show subtitles. It's a very fast process
and does not change the file.

I'll do that...in 10 hours! Still waiting for Coinbase to free up my $$ to buy the product

I honestly think you’re getting embedded mixed up with burned in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lets make this even clearer for the OP

Burned in means the subtitles are part of the video image and can't be turned off. Embedded means they're in the file as text that you can turn on or off.

I agree with Jaaamie, we are old hands at this, but maybe he is new to the hobby, so we can help him. Thanks for your input.

embedded mixed up with burned in
Yes I would think I'm looking for a Hard Burn in of english CC/SubTitles. Nothing selectable, as I'm the only old guy sitting across the room unable to hear ever soft spoken word :)

Yes I would think I'm looking for a Hard Burn in of english CC/SubTitles. Nothing selectable, as I'm the only old guy sitting across the room unable to hear ever soft spoken word :)
Any Stream does not offer that. But other very easy-to-use software does. FFmpeg will do it. It's freeware also. Another program for you would be Handbrake also freeware. As long as you have an accurate transcript.

Yup...many programs incorrectly state burned-in...
A burned-in (Hard Coded) subtitle is one that becomes part of the image and cannot be removed.
A Hard Burn requires you to re-encode the video. Please try what I suggested.
Set the program to output the video and srt separately. Use mkvtoolnix to combine them into an mkv file.
It only takes a minute to do and your player will see the subtitles.

Not all players can see embedded subtitles in an mp4 file.

Yup...many programs incorrectly state burned-in...
A burned-in (Hard Coded) subtitle is one that becomes part of the image and cannot be removed.

A Hard Burn requires you to re-encode the video. Please try what I suggested.
Set the program to output the video and srt separately. Use mkvtoolnix to combine them into an mkv file.
It only takes a minute to do and your player will see the subtitles.

Not all players can see embedded subtitles in an mp4 file.
I used these parms and it' taking ~20 mins to output, Yes I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and I appreciate everyones support and help

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    322.9 KB · Views: 4
I used these parms and it' taking ~20 mins to output, Yes I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and I appreciate everyones support and help
You're reading and writing to the same drive....which I assume is not an SSD from the speed or is really low on space.
Does you computer have another drive? If so, direct the output to a folder on it.

Back