• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

stupid question

Ken65

Hi i wanted to know why is it when i burn a dvd it works great on my dvd player. but when i put it in my lap top i get no sound. what should i do so that i can get sound when i play them using my laptop dvd player.
it has to do with the configuration i guess.:doh:

Hi i wanted to know why is it when i burn a dvd it works great on my dvd player. but when i put it in my lap top i get no sound. what should i do so that i can get sound when i play them using my laptop dvd player.
it has to do with the configuration i guess.:doh:

Do you get sound from the original dvd?

This issue doesn't have anything to do with Clonedvd by the way (move thread to third party products forum)

Last edited:
Webslinger your right I just put in a dvd and it doesn't have any sound well thats interesting well I guess I have to call dell AGAIN

Yep volume is up I have to go see for an update on dell

Yep volume is up I have to go see for an update on dell

Yeah, then I suspect it's an issue with configuring your playback software properly (possibly a dts issue, a speaker setting, lack of an audio codec, etc.)

Do you hear any sounds for any other applications on the Laptop at all?
Control panel...Sound, Speech and Audio Devices.....Sound and Audio Devices.....Is the "Mute" box checked?

Yep I have normal window sounds and and when I go to my music folder it also gives me sounds just have no sound in dvd mode

Yep I have normal window sounds and and when I go to my music folder it also gives me sounds just have no sound in dvd mode

if using windows media player try this:
open windows media player.right click near the top of the player (if using WMP11).then tools>options>dvd>advanced.
under the 'main' tab,in the drop down menu for 'output',is '2/0 - stereo' and 'PCM 16Bit' selected?

dvdadvanced_8.jpg

if this doesn't work:
have you tried using quicktime player or realplayer?
do you get any dvd sound when using those players?

Last edited:
Back